Rescue Me "Animal" 8/15/2007 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Kamakzie, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Well here we go with this weeks thread. This so has been so-so this year hopefully tonight is better. Gina is what you call a cheap date! Excellent!

2. billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005
    Things are looking better for Tommy, at least he has Hockey back.

Funniest line was "He's still gay"

Bill

3. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    WTF was Tommy really trying to off himself?

4. billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005

I don't think so, he said the bottle that he was drinking had water in it (not boose). So I think it was a joke.

However The whole episode he was going on and on about being sober for a year and his life hasn't got any better. so maybe...

5. unixadm

unixadm Super Moderator Staff Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Georgia, USA
    How did it get water in it? It doesn't seem like he would have had the time to think out a plan and swap out booze for water.

This season is just not up to par to other seasons. The whole baby storyline is ridiculous and is more unbelievable than most storylines on daytime soap operas. I hope they just resolve it and be done with it.

The whole "everyone is an alcoholic" is a bit over the top as well....sure there may be a few, but it seems like they are making everyone in the show an alcoholic.

6. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I think maybe it always had water in it and Mike was so blitzed on pain killers that he couldn't tell the difference?

7. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Where is the idea coming from that the vodka bottle had water in it? I didn't hear that part and it really changes the storyline if it is true.

8. Llwellyn

Llwellyn K3DSL

Jan 12, 2004
    Brooklyn, MD
    Right before he jumped off the roof, he said that to Mike.

9. bigpuma

bigpuma Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2003
    Morgan Hill, CA
    I thought he said it after he jumped when Mike looked down at him.

10. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    wow...I totally missed that line.

11. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Mike looks down over the ledge and Tommy's there and he says something like "It was water, a**hole!".

12. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Of course, if it really was water it would have frozen in the freezer.

13. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I would guess the idea is that he replaced it with water while Mikey was in the bathroom.

Still love the show but it's not as good as it has been and I think it's the baby story, annoying and unrealistic.

My wife stopped watching after Conner died and last night I finally got her watching again only to have more Conner than there has been in the last two seasons.

14. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Or that Mikey was full of sh*t the whole time. I kind of got that vibe the whole time and now that I know the bottle had water in it it really makes sense. He just wanted some attention.

15. lodica1967

lodica1967 Member

Aug 5, 2003
    Hawaiian...
    It wasn't in the freezer, Mike had it out.

My question is, did Tommy intend to drink? He didn't know it was water untl he tasted it, right?

16. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    yeah...wonder if he was testing Mikey or if he really had given up and wanted a drink.

17. TiVotion

TiVotion Early Adoptersaurus

Dec 6, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I'm guessing that Mike was lonely and wanted attention. When he locked himself in the bathroom and told Tommy to leave, he didn't really want him to leave. Mike may have been on a few pills or whatever, but I think the bottle had water in it all along and he was playing Tommy. Tommy played along and called his bluff by "jumping" off the roof.

But yeah, everywhere I read...everyone I talk to...says the same thing. This season has been a dud so far, and falling far short of previous seasons to date. The baby storyline is silly and played. Tommy is always the superhero, fires follow him around and he saves people, hot women throw themselves at him. And of course, as mentioned, everyone is an alcoholic, and all the women are crazy.

We do need a change of pace this season - next week looks equally boring. I wonder if they'll throw us a shocker by having Mike off himself later on or something.

18. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    At least, if just for a moment, we got a glimpse of the sort of humor that used to be so prevalent in this show... the hockey game where Tommy was playing for the NYPD because FDNY kicked him off the team, and the ensuing reaction of his friends who were getting all confused about who to root for.

19. Joeg180

Joeg180 Burning Daylight

Jun 1, 2003
    Niskayuna
    Did he get kicked off the team? Mongo made a statement that he would have done the same thing for brother?

The fasciniation with the new Chief's manhood, TMI!

20. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I didn't get the scene with gina gershon at all. Seemed like it belonged in nip tuck more than rescue me. Did she say she had a tumor?