ReRun Setup and cablecard

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Davelnlr_, May 17, 2011.

1. Davelnlr_

Davelnlr_ N5GGG

Jan 12, 2011
    North...
    When I set up my second Tivo (TivoHD) I ran setup, and told it No OTA. I then had a three day ordeal getting my cablecard authorized to work on it with Comcast (M-Card).

I now want to save $8/mo and return the Comcast cable box, since they are planning on adding On Demand to the Premier. I want to move the TivoHD to the bedroom where the cable box is.

Can I rerun guided setup on that unit to tell it I now want to add OTA without screwing up the cablecard settings?

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Yes, Guided Setup won't mess with your CableCARD pairing (a Clear & Delete Everything would, though).

3. Davelnlr_

Davelnlr_ N5GGG

Jan 12, 2011
    North...
    Ok, thanks a lot. That is what I needed to know.

4. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    Remember it could a year or more before Tivo can do Comcast vod.

5. Davelnlr_

Davelnlr_ N5GGG

Jan 12, 2011
    North...
    Yea, but they are raising my rates from $7.95 per outlet to $8.50 per outlet, raising the cablemodem from $5 to $7, and a couple other minor rate increases. I need to cut down on the extra's for now, so I am going to buy my own cable modem (will pay for itself in 11 months), and return their HD cable box (save me another $8.50 per month).

I am locked in on package price for two years, so they cant raise that at least. Ill just have to do without VOD. I have Hulu, and Playon, and Netflix, and enough other choices for now.

Thanks for the info though.