1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request HD show via TiVo app. I get the Lo-Def version

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by davidduff, Dec 4, 2018.

1. davidduff

davidduff Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Cambridge, MA
    I'm a long-time TiVo user. I have a Roamio and Fios as my provider. I generally record and watch only HD shows/channels. For all channels that have both HD and Lo-Def versions, I remove the Lo-Def version from "My Channels". All my season passes and normal recordings set up directly with the TiVo interface seem to record in HD no problem.

On several occasions, I have used the TiVo app from outside my home. For example, today, I went into TiVo app, selected Monday Night Football from the guide, and hit record. For reasons I don't understand, later in the evening when I went to view the recording, instead of the HD version of MNF recorded from ESPN-HD (channel 570), I get the Lo-Def version recorded from ESPN (channel 70).

This has happened to me a few times. The common denominator seems to be when I use the TiVo app and connect over the Internet when I'm away from my house. I never see this with normal Season Pass recordings, nor have I ever seen it with recordings I request directly from the guide on the TiVo. I double-checked and channel 570 shows up in the guide on my TiVo app and channel 70 doesn't even appear, so it is hard to explain how this happens or how to prevent it. I'm requesting the HD version and somehow end up getting the Lo-Def version.

Anyone else seen this?

2. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago