Report Lineup Issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by hooper, Dec 15, 2008.

1. hooper

hooper Member

Sep 22, 2007

Advertisements

Looks like the lineup tool at
    http://www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/contactsupport/lineup_tool.html

is dead. Anybody know how to report a lineup issue?

2. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
  3. Virt

Virt Member

Jun 3, 2002
    I've got the same problem. I came here searching for a possible answer as to why http://tivo.com/lineup keeps showing 'Page not found'. I've got 4 local lowpower and translator OTA channels that do not show up in the channel lineup for my area.

4. Sapphire

Sapphire Xtal substance

Sep 9, 2002
    USA
    Looks like they killed it, and all references to it.

I wonder why though? My cable provider has been rolling out new HD channels, and often tivo doesn't have guide data for weeks on end. Only when I report the lineup change to TiVo do they finally add the new channels.

5. mathwhiz

mathwhiz Member

May 28, 2000
    Okemos, MI, USA

Advertisements

That's OK - even when it was there they never did anything about issues reported through it. I used to be able to email them or use that tool and get a issue/case # assigned to me within a day or so and the issue would be fixed. Now I never get any response. Very frustrating since my guide data has been wrong for over a year and I have no idea how to get it fixed.

TiVo is not making a happy customer with me. 1) No way to get guide data corrected and 2) non updating TiVoCasts.

6. JJ

JJ TiVoPlantation Owner

Jul 14, 2000
    Land of...
    After
    six months my PBS issue, TiVo was looking for signal where the RF broadcast channel will move sometime after Feb2009 was resolved. Apparently this was an increibly low priority because; 1-nobody else reported it (it is PBS after all) 2-TiVo already has my lifetime sub money.

I'm just posting my issues here since TiVo employees allegedly stilll read this forum. Even after a 'TiVo insider' heard my pleas for help and posted encouraging information, it still took months to solve my PBS issue...

7. arhoolie

arhoolie New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I'm experiencing the same problem, too. My cable provider, Comcast, recently split out Golf and VersusHD onto separate channels. (Both were 207, now VersusHD is 206 and Golf is 207.) I don't care about the Golf channel, but I am a hockey fan and would like to continue watching HD games on VersusHD. I get the standard definition Versus channel fine (channel 71 on my cable), it's programming info for the HD version I'm missing.

I used the lineup tool last summer and from what I could tell, it eventually got the problem resolved. Too bad it's currently not available.

8. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    So now, anybody with lineup issues should JUST CALL TIVO. Obviously, it will cost them more in support, but they won't know unless someone calls them.

9. Sapphire

Sapphire Xtal substance

Sep 9, 2002
    USA
    Not just Comcast. Pretty much everyone has.

10. arhoolie

arhoolie New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I just spent a half-hour with the TIVO support folks about this issue. He basically walked me through the process of re-downloading the channels (which I'd told him I'd already done). This didn't solve the problem, so he escalated it to a higher up to report to Comcast and gave me a case number. He said to allow 5 business days for the guide info to show up though it's usually there in 72. From what he told me, he believes the problem is that Comcast hasn't reported the lineup changes to TiVo.

I also mentioned to him the missing lineup tool page from the TiVo web site for reporting these kind of issues. He wasn't aware it was gone.

We'll see what happens in a few days.

11. Virt

Virt Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Almost a month later and that web page is still missing. :thumbsdown:

12. markus2

markus2 New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    I too have the Comcast lineup issue with Tivo. I too have called both Tivo and Comcast and registered the problem that the Tivo guide lists the new channels as "not available", but the listed channel plays just fine.

It IS a real problem, since you cannot program the Tivo to record on these channels, even by trying a manual record.

I fully understand that it might take a few days to even a week for Comcast to "publish" it's lineup changes to either Tivo, or Tribune Media Services (Tivo's guide supplier). But I don't understand what's getting close to 4 weeks, since I pay both Comcast and Tivo a service fee.

That is bad service. And of course, when you call either of them, they blame the other.

Has anyone had success running the guided setup again with a different zip code (one that the cable company has updated with Tivo)?

13. arhoolie

arhoolie New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    In my case, the TiVo person was actually rather helpful. Also, the guide information for the channels I needed did start to show up a few days later. So my issue with missing guide info's been successfully resolved.

14. markus2

markus2 New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    I should add to my previous post that my second call to Tivo was handled quite well. The first call- I was told my cablecard was no good. I knew I would get no where arguing, so I called back an hour later. The next Tivo customer support person indeed confirmed my cablecard was working just fine, but that she'd write up a report, and that I'd see a fix in 5-7 biz days.

So we'll see. I'm in the hands of Tivo support. I'm hopeful it'll be a good resolve.

15. mathwhiz

mathwhiz Member

May 28, 2000
    Okemos, MI, USA
    TiVo Support is dropping in my rating scale. I finally called about a guide data problem and it took quite a few menu options to get to a person, he got my info, then put me on hold for 5 mins or so while he checked on something - then had me repeat half the information. Then it dropped me to a customer service survey at the end of the call - most of the questions didn't have answers that applied to me. Then the next day I get an email asking me what my lineup problem was and I had to give all the information again. This call was after I've reported the same problem via the web form and email in months past. Over 1 year and it's still not resolved.

I also reported the missing TiVoCasts episodes - they got some up - but some are still missing. I wish I could be this incomplete in my job and not have problems.

16. markus2

markus2 New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    Just following up on the Lineup issue I was having. So in the end, Tivo did solve my issue. It took 3 total calls. One where CR told me my cablecard was no good. The next call to a CR said cablecard was fine, but asked me for3 examples of the channels I was not getting (3 of about 20). 3 days later, I was given access to exactly those 3 channels. So I called back and manually gave them the additional 17 missing channels. Sure enough, 3 buisness days later, I now have all the channels and info on the guide.

So Tivo customer support works... you just need to be patient! Very patient.

17. Emacee

Emacee Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Philadelphia...
    I am having the same problem. A local PBS station reconfigured their HD channels. Now I get HD1 on two channels with incorrect info on one of them and can't get HD2 at all. I had used the report a lineup problem link in the past and the problems were corrected. Apparently TiVo was able to report a recent profit by firing a bunch of people - including the people who corrected line-up programs.

It is possible to report a line-up issue directly to Tribune Media (via the Zap2it website).

Send general comments to feedback@zap2it.com. Please keep e-mails short, concise, and to the point; and make the "Subject:" lines relevant. We will try to answer e-mails in a timely manner, but at times we get overwhelmed and may take longer to respond. Feedback is not handled over the weekends.

* If you wish to report a cable or satellite lineup discrepancy: please fill-in the "Subject:" line as "Lineup Discrepancy," and include the following information or your request will not be processed: Cable System Name (please copy exactly from our list of providers)
    * Specific Description of Problem (channels missing or incorrect, program data incorrect, date/time of specific occurrence, etc.)
    * Provider Phone Number
    * Provider Service (cable, satellite)
    * Apartment or Hotel Complex Name (if applicable)
    * City
    * State or Province (and country if outside of the United States)
    * Zip or Postal Code

18. Ben_Jamin75

Ben_Jamin75 Member

Dec 18, 2003
    Monroe, MI
    /Rant
    WTF TiVo, bring back the online form!

I tried submitting the information to zap2it myself for the last month because I'd rather just take care of this kind of thing over the net. They never responded to my e-mails and the channels are still missing from the zap2it.com & my tivo.

I tried cheating and e-mailing directly to tivo (lineup@tivo.com), no response.

Finally I give in and call TiVo support and as I feared, it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had with TiVo. My call to report two new channels missing from my lineup took 20 minutes!!! I was NOT on hold, it took the guy that long to type it up. It sounded like he couldn't figure out how to fill out the form. I had to give him the information twice and I'm still not convinced that he wrote it up right. Ugh!
    /Rant

19. cogx

cogx Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Had this experience myself this evening. Not good. Not good.

Seriously, who gets hired to do this guide data work, I mean it's 2009, where information about everything is a few keystrokes away in your web browser. Honestly, no one can be this bad at fixing channel lineups without doing it on purpose. It simply is not possible.

20. kiko

kiko New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    I've had a case open with TiVo since Jan 15, when Hawaii went digital, and they have still not corrected the local channel info. GRR :(