Report: Liberty wants to merge Cox with Charter Read more: Report: Liberty wants to

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Johncv, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
  2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Mergers are almost always bad for consumers, aren't they? But cable companies don't directly compete anyway, each having their own territories, so the impact is limited. It probably just increases their lobbying power (bad).

3. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2004
    I smell Anti-Trust and the DOJ coming. Look what they did with the cell phone providers.
    Not to mention the networks would not like this either.

4. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    A reported email from Pat Esser, President of Cox Communications:

Some other News from Bloomberg
    http://www.bloomberg.com/video/cox-...ble-rivals-shares-zxo0JVXxQp2Sml0HwpKa2A.html

5. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004

Advertisements

Might be ok if Cox dropped its tuning adapters.

6. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    There was also rumor of talks of a tieup between Charter and Time Warner Cable within the last few weeks.

Edit: erm, yeah, as the article said. Guess I should've read that first, huh?

7. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    Why would this make Cox drop the tuning adapters? :confused:

8. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    It probably wouldn't. What's wrong with a dream?

9. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    If it added more funding for an upgrade in my area then I'd be fine with it. We're using some antiquated system that hasn't been upgraded in years. The next town over, Reno, has over a hundred HD channels and all the analog channels simulcast. We have 22 HD channels and about 35 analog only channels that screw up my ability to record on my 4 tuner TiVo.

Personally I'd be fine with a complete digital conversion like they did in Texas, but even that requires replacing all the cable boxes so I'm not sure they'll do it.