Replacing my S3 -- will I need a Comcast service call?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by ThePennyDropped, Oct 2, 2007.

1. ThePennyDropped

ThePennyDropped Now I get it.

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US

Advertisements

I spoke with TiVo tech support yesterday about the problem I'm having with my S3 freezing (briefly, not a huge problem) and rebooting during playback, and they feel the hard disk on my S3 is dying and are sending me a replacement.

Do any of you know if I'll need to have Comcast come out to my house, or can I just call Comcast and give them the info they need from the new S3 to get the (old) cable cards installed on the replacement S3?

Thanks,
    Debbie

2. donaudio

donaudio Member

Apr 1, 2002
    I had the same problem in Florida. Replaced my series 3. Make sure you get the letters off the CC's and match them with the Host ID. My CC's are SA. I then called Comcast and they hit the cards and they worked. You might have to insist to speak to a supervisor to do this. Get the Host ID from the Tivo menu and be sure you know which CC goes into which slot. Don

3. ThePennyDropped

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    Thanks for the advice, Don!

--Debbie

4. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    You will need BOTH the Host ID and the Data value - both will be different in the new box.

5. ThePennyDropped

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US

Advertisements

Thanks!

I'm concerned that I'll have trouble getting through to the right person at Comcast to give those values to. Do you know if there's a specific type of person I should ask for, or will anyone in tech support be able to help me?

Thanks,
    Debbie