Replacement suggestion for One True Media?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by akc, Jan 7, 2012.

1. akc

akc New Member

Mar 13, 2003
    This was discussed but it's been a while - my family relied pretty heavily on One True Media to share videos to my extended family (with Tivos, all over the country). Now that Tivo has discontinued that connection, can anyone suggest an alternative.

I've played with the YouTube option - and it would be OK if it could be PRIVATE, but I don't really want the videos of my kids out there in the sketchy YouTube world. I would have been ok if the videos could have even just be "unlisted" but it's got to be public or nothing.

I use Vimeo for video sharing and the quality is so much better than YouTube but I don't believe there are any possibilities there.

Any other suggestions? I can convert videos to many forms (on a mac and have a variety of options). I loved the ease of OTM - and my family loved the surprise arrival of a video from my girls. :(

Thx -

2. tefler

tefler Member

Feb 28, 2003
    MA
    I couldn't find a suitable website that did the same as OTM. However, I found a solution by setting up my own pyTivo server to push the videos. Unfortunately, it requires that I had access to the tivo.com accounts of the TiVos I wanted to push to. Not an issue for my family, but may be an issue for others.

There are lots of discussions on pyTivo in the other forums here to get you started.