Replacement Recommendation, please

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by FragU, Mar 16, 2006.

1. FragU

FragU New Member

Oct 2, 2003

Advertisements

Okay, I have been a two-Tivo addict for almost three years (wirelessly connected the two to home network, PAID for home media center on both, etc). Obviously, as a TiVo devoutee you can imagine my sadness when my box was STOLEN.

The good folks at TiVo have been gracious enough to allow a one-time transfer of my lifetime service activation to a new box... the question is, which box should I get?

I can't wait for the S3 to come out, and need to get something in the next week or so. Any suggestions for which box is best (TiVo, Humax, etc)? Quality is always my biggest issue - since having Dish DVR the quality on the TiVo has seemed inferior (The dish DVR captures the satellite stream, so the quality is pristine during playback).

Let me know what you think... and thanks for the suggestions...

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    I don't suppose you could talk them into a lifetime gift subscription which is no longer for sale? The huge advantage to one of those is that it could be used on a series 3. One of these gift certificates is on eBay for $499 touting it's use for series 3. If they would do it then this would just be a great investment and you could go ahead and buy your own lifetime membership if you do it in the next couple of days (before the 19th).

3. dtreese

dtreese New Member

May 6, 2005
    Well, the Humax units do have better outputs...