Replaced Tivo S3, CC's show "subscribed"?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by almighty, Oct 5, 2007.

1. almighty

almighty Lost in the sticks..

Jun 17, 2001
    White...
    I had to replace my parents S3 due to a bad tuner, and after all the setup work was done, I checked the cable cards status, and they both are listed as "subscribed". I did not call into Charter to update the Host and Data numbers though. Is this likely to stay subscribed, or will they lose authorization in several hours/days?

I really dread having to call into tech support because they seem clueless everytime in the past when I called about cable card issues.

2. litkaj

litkaj Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Exton, PA
    It's possible that they don't pair the cards to the device (just like Verizon for FIOS TV and a couple of Comcast areas).

3. almighty

Jun 17, 2001
    White...
    So I guess I will just let it ride for now, and see if the Tivo starts to lose channels. If it doesnt, how does that saying go: "if it dont stink, dont stir it" :)

4. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    If you have any channels with a non-zero CCI value, you may not see them until you get the cards paired/validated again.

5. almighty

Jun 17, 2001
    White...
    Half of our HD tier and all SD digital channels here is set with CCI = 0x02 all the time, and those channels are still working. I'm thinking that Charter here didnt pair them to the Tivo.