Replace premiere 750gb drive

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by weinberk, Nov 18, 2011.

1. weinberk

weinberk Confirmed Doofis

Jun 12, 2001
    NYC Metro Area
    Hi all-

I'm having trouble copying my existing 750gb drive from my premier to another idential 750gb drive using JMFS. I used JMFS to go from the original drive to the current one, but want to now replace that drive with a new one of the same capacity.

I'd be happy to use JMFS if it would work. If not, I'm eager to hear of alternatives.

I've booted from CD and from USB, on two different computers.

The error I'm getting is:
    Fatal Error occurred-JavaMFS data not found. You are maybe using an unsupported boot device (eg. SCSI or old PCMCIA). Workaround: Copy the directory JAVAMFS from your boot device to an IDE/SATA disk, eg. to /mnt/hda1/javamfs or c:\javamfs. Then try to boot again.

I even tried using the "previous" version from the thread, but that gives the same error.

My goal is to replace the drive to rule out it being what's causing my MRV transfers to crash on a 100mbit network (but not 10mbit). Is there another tool that I can use to copy an already expanded drive? I'm not looking to expand it further.

Thanks for the help!

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    If you just want to "Xerox" the drive, look on the labels on the drive and see if both give an LBA number, and if so, is it the same for both, or, if not, is it larger for the target drive?