Replace Dish as my TV Provider

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Bonas 50, Jan 24, 2018.

How to replace Sattalite TV with something leap-frogged from my computer

1. don't know what you mean, I'm new

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. What Poll Choide

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bonas 50

Bonas 50 New Member

Jan 24, 2018

Advertisements

Verizon has a Monopoly on the Utility Poles up here. Sprint and others can't get in here in my little Community around the lake. And Verizon isn't putting Fios up here they are putting it down in Newark and elsewhere so I don't know when it will come in here. So, I have Verizon for my Land Phone and Internet. Dish for TV and it's become progressively worse year after year. They , ( like so many others ) always talk about 180 Channels but 170 of them are Infomercials , Foreign Language or Movies for certain Venues that I expressively told the woman I didn't want when she sold me on HBO and other pay-fors. And half the time you're fixing your TV on your own and that act as if you're an employee and have to do it. CBS took them off for about 3 days recently , during the NFL season and that's about All I want the TV for, anyway. I've been round and round with them , and after the Super Bowl, I'm gone. I may not even hook up TV with anyone,anymore. They all only get their feed from , what is it, 4 sources in the NY area . I was hoping that I could sling-shot from my computer to my 40 inch TV with TV Programs to my computer , but I can't seem to get an explanation as to how to do this. Any help will be Appreciated Bonas 50

2. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Your question isn't entirely clear, but I think you're asking how to display your computer on your TV.

The easiest ways would be to either plug your computer directly into your TV via HDMI or get a Chromecast and select "cast" from whatever website you want to display video from.

The question I have is, how are you getting TV programs on your computer today?

Regardless, going from computer to TV is a terrible way to do this. You need to forget about going through a computer and just get a streaming device (Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, etc.) and a streaming service to get the channels you used to get on Dish (PS Vue, Hulu TV, Youtube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV NOW, Philo, etc.) and/or whatever you can get over the air from an antenna.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018