Replace BOLT - instructions aren't great

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ManeJon, Oct 1, 2020.

1. ManeJon

ManeJon Active Member

Apr 14, 2018

Advertisements

I had a BOLT die and TIVO sent me a replacement. I thought they were going to include instructions but there were none.
    However, so far I have found at least one issue that... Wish I had known and saved time.
    I got my BOLT up and running (although still having Cable Card issues so only get a few channels) One of the confusing CC issues is the card number I need is printed on the card - the only thing on the card was the MAC the TIVO did show the card number so I did get that.
    The other issue that could have had instructions was connecting my MINIs to the BOLT. They said they couldn't find/connect. On my BOLT - MOCA wasn't set up - did that - still not connecting. Finally, looking through documentation I found if you go into setting and devices on the MINI's it showed two LIVING ROOM DVRs - named the same -they were trying to connect to old one and when I selected the other one all worked. WOULD have been great and saved time if they provided instructions telling to go there and do the selection.

krkaufman likes this.