Repaired DirecTivo. Access card problem?

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by oilhat, Jan 1, 2006.

1. oilhat

oilhat New Member

Feb 12, 2002

Advertisements

I upgraded an old PHillips DSR6000 which I should have done 3 years ago when I bought the thing. Used the Hinsdale guide, it worked awesome! :up:

I have another DSR6000, which broke a couple of years ago. Bad hard drive, I'm pretty sure. I put the bad hard drives into the good Tivo, and I had the same problem. Rebooting all the time.

After the upgrade, I figured that I would just take the old drives from the good Tivo and put them into the bad one. I took the card from the good Tivo and put it into the bad one as well. I thought I would start it up and test it to see if it works. It says that I have a hardware problem and I should restart. Also, it says to replace the access card. Is the access card good for only one Tivo? :confused:

How about the drive image? Can I use the same DSR6000 image for both boxes? I bought them at the same time, and they are identical.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Right, you can't simply swap access cards like that. But you can test the DVR using an "in-the-clear" channel, like Channel 100.

And yes, you can use the same DSR6000 image for both DVRs. You'll need to perform a "clear and delete everything" after the upgrade, though, if the drive image is from a different DSR6000.

3. oilhat

oilhat New Member

Feb 12, 2002
    Cleared and deleted everything. Must have taken 3 hours. Went through the guided set-up. Everything seems to be ok. I didn't call to activate service, of course. Message on the screen says to insert access card, and I still can't watch channel 100. Is this right?