Repair costs

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by SNJpage1, Dec 20, 2011.

1. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I may have to send my TivoHD back to Tivo to repair an HDMI output problem. Is Tivo still charging a flat fee and sending an refurbished unit? If so what is the repair costs? I would trash the unit and go with a new one if they would transfer my Lifetime service.

2. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    You need to call Tivo and ask if they will even repair an older unit. You can also contact Weaknees and DVRUpgrade to ask about repair prices. Personally, I just use one of the other Tivo outputs. I have given up on using HDMI with a Tivo.

3. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    If it is still under warranty, the cost is $50. I have no idea what they'd charge for out of warranty repairs or if they would even do it.

4. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    E mailed Tivo and they said it would be $149 to send a replacement and transfer the Lifetime to it. They said if I bought a new Premier they couldnt transfer it. Since the componet output works fine I will just switch it over to that when the HDMI finially goes. My receiver has inputs for that and will send it to the TV over HDMI. The receiver converts all the video and sound to HDMI for sending to the TV. Works really nice.