Renewed DirecTV/Tivo agreement???

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by rhroyse, Sep 10, 2007.

1. rhroyse

rhroyse Member

Sep 10, 2007

Advertisements

Does anyone else have any info on what is supposedly a "renewed" agreement between DirecTV and Tivo? I read a blurb the other day (on Engadget, I think) about the new professional rack mount DVR from DirecTV (still running their pathetic UI) and the article mentioned that DirecTV and Tivo had basically "kissed and made up" and inferred that we could again expect to see hardware in the future which was Tivo-powered. Is this true? Could it be that DirecTV has finally wised-up???

Thanks,

Rob

2. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    yep, do a search; several threads already here about that from several weeks ago.

3. Redux

Redux No intent to annoy

Oct 19, 2004
    You may have inferred. The article implied.

4. Mikeybee

Mikeybee New Member

Sep 22, 2007

Advertisements

I recently talked with a DirecTV technical gal who seems knowlegable. She said the DirecTV and TiVo never parted ways. In fact they use the TiVo engine in the their branded units. She went on to say that many customers don't like the DirecTV UI. May they have wised up. I do hope so.

5. wedgecon

wedgecon Just Plain Awesome TCF Club

Dec 28, 2002
    Vancouver, WA
    The current DirecTV DVR's are based on NDS technology not Tivo.

6. HiDefGator

HiDefGator New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Two days ago the CEO of Tivo publicly said that Directv had not talked with them about any future plans at this time nor do they have any active "talks" in progress. Any hope of a renewed agreement appears to be wishful thinking this week.