Removing Music, Photos & More features

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bcurnow, Dec 14, 2005.

1. bcurnow

bcurnow New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    West Texas

Advertisements

Is there any way to remove the following new "features"?

Yahoo! Photos
    Yahoo! Weather
    Yahoo! Traffic
    Browse & Buy Movie Tickets
    Live365
    Podcaster
    SameGame
    Wordsmith
    Skull & Bones​

Failing that, is there anyway to push them to the bottom of the list with the equally useless "New Music at Best Buy" and "Nikon: Legends Behind the Lens"?

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I don't think there's a way to do this right now.

It'd be nice if TiVo started using something similar to the subscription manager at apps.tv so we could get control of that list. With all of my Galleon apps, and now those Yahoo! apps, the list is long and disorganized, I agree.

3. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
  4. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Good idea. Done!

5. timr_42

timr_42 Active Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO

Advertisements

I like some of the new features. It would be nice if you could reorder them. I would like to see my music at the top so I would not have to page down to see it.

I'm hooked on the "same" game with the marbles.

6. xnevergiveinx

xnevergiveinx New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    hmm, i don't have any of the yahoo stuff on my tivo...do i need to sign up for it? i'm running 7.2 on my series 2...i dunno

7. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    You can sign up for them here:

http://research.tivo.com/onlineservices/

8. bcurnow

bcurnow New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    West Texas
  9. audiocrawford

audiocrawford New Member

Oct 19, 2005
    I'd be fine with the new features and even their placement IF I could put my personal server at the top. I don't like having to scroll down to the next page for the thing I access the most.

AC

10. bcurnow

bcurnow New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    West Texas
    I'd settle for that. I'll never use any of the new features, but if I could float them below the features I want, such as the programs running on my own servers, that'll be just fine with me.

11. audiocrawford

audiocrawford New Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Well, I was just playing with it, and it seems it "remembers" where you were in the menu, like the Now Playing list does. So there were no extra clicks to get to my server. Like other TiVo menus, I don't care for the excessive clutter in the interface, but at least it's not completely intrusive.

That said, I did find one of the features I enjoy - the weather forcast. That one impressed a lot of friends today, LOL. It's perfect for me, as I don't need super detailed info (I am one of those people that generally just looks outside, LOL) but it's nice to know when snow is coming/etc.

AC

12. dmlove51

dmlove51 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Question: I have 3 TiVos, and the new Yahoo "services" appear on one and not on the others. We didn't do anything to get them on the one machine. If I want them on the others (not sure if I do or don't), do I "sign up" as mentioned above? Why would I have gotten them on one machine only?

13. bcurnow

bcurnow New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    West Texas
    Sounds like luck of the draw. We have two TiVos and they're rarely updated within a week of each other.

14. carltp

carltp New Member

Dec 15, 2003
    milwaukee
    Is there any update on this? I just discovered all those Yahoo! links and I'd rather just see galleon and the apps I wrote! Either turn it off or at least alphabetize it! Maybe a thumbs down (or 3) to move it to the bottom?