Removal of Dish Channels 502-540 in Guide

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Electronut, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Electronut

Electronut Member

Feb 17, 2005

Advertisements

Anyone know why Tivo removed these channels from the guide?

Whenever I purchased a PPV movie I did like to set a manual record so I can watch later. Now with these channels being removed from the Tivo guide it's not an option.

Why so? Is it because of the pending lawsuit Tivo has with Dish on the DVR issue? Is this permanent?

I would like to have those back on the guide.

2. TeeVee

TeeVee New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Mine are still in the guide

3. Electronut

Electronut Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Just had to come back and say thanks Tivo!!! Not only for bringing the PPV channels back in the guide for my S2 but also putting the program info in there as well. It's about time!

TeeVee - What unit did you have that the PPV still showed?

Finally over the last week my S2 just took the update and I got the message on my unit that the PPV channels where added again. :up:

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Maybe TeeVee has DirecTV where that set of channels are premium channels. He possibly missed the Dish reference.

5. Electronut

Electronut Member

Feb 17, 2005

Advertisements

My thought exactly JimSpece

6. Tobashadow

Tobashadow Read over there --->

Nov 11, 2006
    i was just about to post about this

Thank you thank you thank you

Tivo for bringing that function back.

7. samo

samo New Member

Oct 7, 1999
    Littleton,...
    Funny! It only took them 8 years to do it. Back in Sep'99 TiVo CS told me that they are working real hard to add program info for PPV channels on Dish and it should be available very soon. Didn't happen soon enough for me and that was a major reason that made me buy my first DishDVR. Only 8 years later (and two years after I cancelled my last SA TiVo) they finally delivered on their promise. :)