Remotes and Premiers

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Pacomartin, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Pacomartin

Pacomartin Member

Jun 11, 2013

Advertisements

Is the remote on the Premier boxes RF or IF? I know there is a setting that says to turn the network remote on, but I assume that is for remote apps on phones.

It seems like I can change channel without pointing at the box, but it doesn't go through walls. Do I need a special remote? There is no serial number on mine.

[​IMG]

2. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    It's IR only for a Premiere.

Any standard TiVo "peanut" remote will work fine, but it won't have the dedicated VOD button for RCN cable.

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    What are you trying to solve? You need to use the remote through walls? You can use your iOS or android device as a network remote, or get a tivo slide remote with a dongle.

4. lujan

lujan Active Member

May 24, 2010
    As I understand it, they don't sell the slide remote anymore? I love the one I have and would like a 2nd one but can't find them at a reasonable price anymore.

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

TiVo is selling the Slide Pro Remote?

https://www.tivo.com/shop/detail/tivoslidepro

Scott

6. lujan

lujan Active Member

May 24, 2010
    Surprising news. Last time I called them about 6 months ago they told me they weren't selling them anymore. Wonder what happened to change their minds?

7. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    You probably asked about the old one, and not the new one. Or they thought that is what you were asking about.

8. Bigg

Bigg Cord Cutter

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    I have a Slide Pro that I got last winter for my XL4, as it got kind of cold in the basement, probably mid-50's, so I liked to be able to keep my arms tucked under a quilt while watching TV. Worked like a charm.

9. PaulCrockett

PaulCrockett New Member

May 23, 2016
    Does anyone know the model number for the RCN "peanut" remote for Slingbox purposes?