Remote won't stay in RF mode

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by sandman55, Nov 23, 2020.

1. sandman55

sandman55 New Member

Aug 30, 2008

Advertisements

I get my remote paired in RF mode. It lights up amber for a while, and then the light goes back red. It may go amber for a few more clicks and then back to red. I have tried 3 different remotes, even bought a new one but still have the same result. I have reset the remote and re-paired many times. It works for a few minutes and then back to IR. This is so frustrating. Any thoughts? I love my Roamio and would hate to lose it because my unit now has to stay in a video closet.
    Thank you!

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I have lived with this issue for years. I attribute it to noise. If I have the remote in front of me, it will drop into IR mode. If I hold it on the right side of my leg it will stay in RF mode. Since I have a IR-proof cover in the front, I can't miss it.

The Roamio I use the most has the problem. It is under my TV, and there is another Roamio 1 foot to the left along with a rack with a Roku, Blu-ray, Mini Vox and AVR. There are many threads on this problem.

3. snerd

snerd Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2008
    One solution is to use the TiVo app on Android or iPhone to control the TiVo. Not ideal, for sure, but a reliable way to control a hidden TiVo.

4. brobin

brobin Active Member

Feb 14, 2014
  5. sandman55

sandman55 New Member

Aug 30, 2008

Advertisements

Thanks for the advice everybody!