Remote very Sluggish

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by hglass, Jan 21, 2011.

1. hglass

hglass New Member

Oct 12, 2005

Advertisements

I have a new Premiere xl and things seem to being going fine. I replaced my Series3 Tivo with the Premiere. The one problem I'm having is with the remote. I have to aim right at the Tivo for it to work. And sometimes it still lags for a few seconds. I never had this problem (if it is a problem) with the Series3. I have the newest firmware 14.7. Any clues??:(:(

2. Audiovidman

Audiovidman Audiovidman

Jan 21, 2011
    Just got the glow remote. It works great. It transmits via Bluetooth. If you buy it make sure that the dongle sits in front of it. The give you an extion cable for this. Buy it at Tiger direct, NO tax...NO freight. 64.95 !! (TiVo charges 89+Tax+Freight=Too Much)

Good luck

3. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    No you didn't. You purchased a Slide Remote.

4. rijowysock

rijowysock New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    my slide remote is glitchy on "play" after FFW lately.. idk why, my dongle is extended and in plain view... hmmm

5. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010

Advertisements

It is not just you. When I first got the Premiere, I bought the Slide along with it. The remote was always "fast". In the past few weeks, it seems to be often ignoring or losing my "play" command when I am trying to stop fast forwarding. It is very irritating, especially since it used to work very well.

Since this started with the 14.7 update, I am blaming that. Just what I need, another problem.