Remote TV Codes

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by utvnut, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Jul 7, 2005 #1 of 29
    utvnut

utvnut New Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Clifton, Va.
    Anyone know if the Tivo remote can learn more codes? (I dont have the code, I need to find one to work on a proview LCD)

I just got the Proview 32" LCD special at Costco and a new HDTivo to go with it but none of the codes or code search get the peanut to control the power or volume on the TV.

Proview tech support says, "sorry, no other remote works" D* says, "use a universal remote". Just thought I'd ask before I toss the peanut, it's so simple for the non-techies in the house since no stereo is involved in this smaller room I was hoping to not need another Harmony.
    Thanks.

2. John Shum

John Shum New Member

May 7, 2004
    New Jersey
    I'm in the same boat. Got the Proview for my birthday and tried all night trying to get the Tivo remote to work on it. After about 100 clicks on the "channel up" in the code search it worked (TV turned off) but by then my fingers were on auto pilot and promptly pushed the "channel up" once more. *Sigh*

So I figured I just have to start from scratch. But for hours it won't ever work for me again. Is there a way to have the Tivo remote code search start from the beginning? The reason I ask is it certainly doesn't seem to go thru "hundreds of codes" as the Tivo support page suggests.

Anyone out there who got the Tivo remote to work w/ their Proview LCDs? The enquiring mind would love to know! ;)

3. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    Try the Sampo or Samsung codes.

4. Jim Sanchez

Jim Sanchez New Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Tucson, AZ
    I got the Septre 30" LCD set from Costco and it apparently is not supported by TiVo (or anyone else that I can tell). If anyone has gotten the "peanut" to work with this, let us know.
    thanks
    Jim

5. grcooperjr

grcooperjr Member

Jan 3, 2004
    Portland OR
    In other LCD TV forums, They have found that Philips codes seem to work. On my two (26" & 30") Philips codes what is needed, I just cant remember the code I used. It's hell to get old..

Ray C

6. Jim Dodgen

Jim Dodgen New Member

May 5, 2002
    Anyone figure this out yet?

7. nohkul

nohkul New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    The Philips, Samsung, and Sampo codes didn't work for me with the Proview LCD. I have a Humax DVD Recorder Software 5.4.2-01-2-595.

8. GillBates

GillBates New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Apex, NC
    I have the same problem with my Westinghouse LCD. Their support says no other remotes work with their unit except learning remotes.......

I would be great if somebody could produce a peanut-like remote with learning features.

9. richierich

richierich AKA PLASMAMANIAC

Jul 10, 2002
    Peachtree...
    Have you guys been to remotecentral.com? It has everything relating to remote controls and configuring them. Check it out.

10. JJA

JJA Senior Citizen

Feb 27, 2000
    Sarasota, FL
    Same problem with a Maxent HD/LCD

11. xterra2000

xterra2000 New Member

Jan 16, 2003
    So does anyone find the code for Proview 32 LCD TV? What about with the code search? Press both 'tivo' and 'tv power' button at the same time and enter 0999 and use 'Cha Up' button to search for the code? I have been try to search the code for like half an hour, I can still continue, but just want to make sure others have success. Thanks.

12. bcnyc

bcnyc New Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Anyone ever find the code for Proview?

13. slocko

slocko New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Old Bridge, NJ
    any luck anybody?

14. mredbeck

mredbeck New Member

Jan 5, 2006
    I have the proview rx-326 and like everyone else found out the hardway that Tivo does not know about this tv.

I decided to try the tv power-tivo button 5 second method to type in 4 digit codes.

Fortunately, it didn't take long since 0001 worked for both tv power and volume up and down. Personally, that all I care about from my Tivo remote.

Hope this saves others some time

15. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud Active Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...
    Try the 1st Sony code. It worked on my 32" Westy for power, volume and mute, not input, though.

16. coletown

coletown New Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Chicago
    I have the Proview RX-326 LCD (36") from Costco. Remote Code 0001 did not work for me. Neither did 0999, pressing [Channel Up] ad infinitum. Anyone else have luck with 0001, or any other code? I'm starting to believe that after months on the market, the Proview set is simply not compatible with the TiVo Peanut remote. And paying $150+ for a Harmony is just too expensive for the convenience of one remote. Otherwise, the LCD has been great.

17. tfurth

tfurth New Member

Jun 17, 2005
    SAN DIEGO
    I have the PROVIEW from Costco as well. After considerable time I have to be content with controlling the volume and the on/off switch on my tivo remote--the mute and tv input buttons don't work. I used the 0001 code (thanks) , I also started at 0999 and went channel up, the tv shut of within a minute. It gave the same results. Good luck to everyone and post if you can find something better that works.--Tony who loves Tivo in San Diego

18. utvnut

utvnut New Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Clifton, Va.
    Still no good for me. I tried the 0001, no good. On occasion I use the old Harmony 659 I have but it eats batteries so I usually just use the pro-view for power and volume then the peanut for tivo functions. It's a bedroom setup so limited use is tolerable.
    I have the new Harmony 880 re-chargable with color screen for my main TV and it does everything great.

19. repairman

repairman New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    I have a proview 32 inch from Costco as well. Does anyone have a code for this yet for a peanut remote?

20. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Since you resurrected a 17 month old thread, I'd say the codes haven't been discovered. I do congratulate you for doing a search to find this thread. :) I'd suggest you get a learning universal remote, like a Harmony mentioned.