Remote transferred to iPad

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by gonzo69, Apr 12, 2011.

1. gonzo69

gonzo69 New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Joy of joys ...
    I've managed to get the Virgin TiVo remote commands working with my iPad by choosing the Cisco PVR commands from the list :D

This is through a physical attachment that plugs into the speaker 3.5mm jack called a Redeye mini.

Now if I can just get the software to stop crashing intermittently, I'll be one very happy bunny.

It downloads all the channel info too, so I can see it all on my iPad without having to go to the channel guide - cool.

It's not perfect, but I'm sure it will get better. A good start anyway

2. brightonjohn

brightonjohn New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    I'd be really grateful if you could start this story from the beginning for me. Are you using the 'peanut' app and if so where did you see a list? Have you upgraded to the plus version to see this? I can see the IP number of my TiVo from system information but haven't found the port yet?

OR are you using another app? So for those of us who are not so bright a step by step guide would be very much appreciated.:confused:

3. gonzo69

gonzo69 New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    My apologies.

It's not a dedicated TiVo app, but a small infra red sender that fits in the 3.5mm headphone jack of an iPhone or iPad. It then replaces all of your remotes.
    Obviously, the iPad gives you much more screen real estate.

I used to use a Logitech unit that I paid over £120 for.
    This cost me £50 from Sevenoaks Sound and Vision.

Here is the link: http://store.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/products/productdetail/part_number=REMini/1765.0.4.3

As I say, the software does crash, but as an early adopter of most stuff, I put up with it - knowing that in most cases, the bugs are ironed out later.

All I did was choose Cisco from the list, it brought up the codes - and away we go!!!

Hope that gives you enough info to research.

4. brightonjohn

brightonjohn New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Many thanks. I understand now. Looks interesting.

5. alextegg

alextegg Tall Member

May 21, 2002
    Kingston...
    I have purchased a USB UIRT and Touch IR+ for the iPad.

The Touch IR+ allows you to design your own remotes on full screen, and talks to a server process on a PC over the WLAN.

The USB-UIRT then sends out IR to devices.

Too early to say yet as I haven't started to play with it, but on paper it looks good. Just need to find the time to implement :)

6. stixe

stixe New Member

Nov 13, 2002
    aylesbury,uK
    sorry to leech on the back of your good work did you use cable box as the device type?