remote replacement

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by doozyj, Apr 26, 2019.

1. doozyj

doozyj New Member

Apr 24, 2019
    so i got a tivo 540040 which i gather is ll generation and i need a remote. looked on ebay and cheapest is a ll generation direct tv peanut. i just want to know if that will work fully!? i also noticed they sell remotes using the SPCA # and this particular remote has diff # than the original 1's!? 00006-001 where original is 00031-001 thus my doubt confusion.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Most any Tivo remote without the DirecTV button will work. Even the ones with the ABCD buttons work, except these buttons do not do anything.You can look on Amazon for Tivo remote and it lists all kinds. There are also some with th 1-2 switch and these control 2 Tivos on eiach side of the switch.

3. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    The DirecTV branded TiVo peanut remotes would work just fine, as long as it doesn't have the abcd keys. It would have a tv/sat switch instead of SA Tivo remote dvr1/dvr2 switch. The TiVo DirecTV remote with abcd keys doesn't use the TiVo code set, but uses DirecTV own code set, one like HR24 uses.

4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Does this box have lifetime? If not you have a doorstop, new service cannot be added to this device..

5. doozyj

doozyj New Member

Apr 24, 2019
    yah it's lifetime.