Remote for Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by danger_boy_13, Jul 29, 2007.

1. danger_boy_13

danger_boy_13 New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    I just got a new HDTV and I am looking at possibly getting a new remote. I bought an Insignia 37" LCD from Best Buy and the Tivo doesn't have the code where the input buttons will work (I have not done a code search yet), plus I have a DVD player and I would like to just trim down to one good remote.

Anyway, I was looking at the lower-end Logitech Harmony remotes, and I was curious: how do these remotes handle the Tivo button? I mean, there's not "Tivo" butoon on their interface to be able to access the menu, do they substitute another button?

2. rlj5242

rlj5242 Active Member

Dec 20, 2000
    Southaven, MS
    On my 880, there's a soft button, the buttons beside the LCD screen, that gets labled Tivo. But I mostly use the left arrow button to go to the menu.

-Robert

3. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2003
    if you get a Harmony, I'd recommend the 676 highly.

4. dvr4me

dvr4me New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Amazon.com has the Logitech 676 for $59.99 with free shipping. It's also eligible for Amazon Prime. If you're not a member you can get a 90 day trial. With Amazon Prime, 2 day shipping is free and 1 day is cheap ($3.99).

5. danger_boy_13

danger_boy_13 New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    I just pulled out our older remote that I had stopped using (a One-For-All kameleon) and i discovered it had a learning function. I was able to program it for my Tivo and figured out how to "learn" the functions that it wasn't able to do of my TV. Seems like its working well. I still want a harmony, but I may have to deal with this for a little bit.

6. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Use the "Menu" key if there is one. Mu One-For-All 8910 is programmed with its Menu key coded to the TiVo key.