Remote flashing red dot twice

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by Alex_7, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Alex_7

Alex_7 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2020

Advertisements

I moved my TS4K to my office room, when I press the power button on the remote to turn on my tv, it is unresponsive, I get two flashing red dots on the remote. I have to keep hitting the power button on the remote until it finally decides to turn on the tv. I have to resort to manally turn on my tv using its own power switch. When the tv is finally on my remote is still a bit unresponsive navigating the on screen menus, until it finally recognizes the remote..my batteries are fully juiced up too. Any one have a solution? Should I repair the remote to my tv?

2. Alex_7

Alex_7 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2020
    I reset and unpaired the remote, then re paired it, seems to have solved the issue.

3. jb brown

jb brown New Member

Aug 28, 2020
    yes repair the remote to the tv

Alex_7 likes this.
  4. Alex_7

Alex_7 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2020
    My remote seemed to go out of wack when I moved the device to a different tv, now its working fine once I re-paired it

5. Alex_7

Alex_7 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2020

Advertisements

Occasionally I'm still getting the red dots flashing..

6. xberk

xberk Active Member

Dec 3, 2011
    My TS4K remote working fine. It turns my TV and my Yamaha AV unit on and off with a single click .. only paired it initially and it has held up since then.

7. sssSMOKING

sssSMOKING New Member

Jan 22, 2020
    I had a very similar problem and my problem was the Batteries. According to the TS4K "Setting" the batteries were at 60%. After trying a lot of things I changed the batteries out and everything has been good (4+weeks). Please keep us posted on your outcome.

8. Alex_7

Alex_7 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2020
    I will try replacing the batteries thanks