remote extender not working???

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Rkkeller, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Rkkeller

Rkkeller Well-Known Member

May 13, 2004
  2. arizon

arizon New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Tucson, Arizona
    Have you tried it with your TV (taking the Tivo) out of the picture? :D

The only reason I can think of using such a device is if you are splitting the Tivo output to drive two TVs (one of which is in a different room).

I don't your situation or the exact problem you are trying to solve, but my vote is for the Tivo slide remote since it works over blue tooth.

--Arizon

3. Rkkeller

May 13, 2004
    Thanks I will try that.

The slide remote is really my last resort as I wanted to use my Premier with multiple remotes with this extender. I have 3 HDTV's hooked up to one Premier and I wanted a remote in every room if possible. The slide would work but I would have to carry it around.

If I can get this device working I can have 3 remotes in 3 rooms that can all control my Premier.

4. Rkkeller

May 13, 2004
    I wanted to updated in case anyone else gets this rf extender.

It does work with both the TiVo HD and Premier. It says in the instructions you have to first charge it for 24-36 hours and I thought there was no need to charge for that long. :D

It turns out that was my only problem, I was trying it after about 8 hours. Once I waited 24 hours it worked fine. Not sure why it needs so long to charge but it does.