Remote Different

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by timstack8969, Feb 5, 2012.

1. timstack8969

timstack8969 Member

May 14, 2004
    What's the difference between the "C212" and "C210" Black Glo Tivo remotes? I believe I have the "C212" because it takes only 2 batteries and the "C210" takes 4 batteries. I need a new remote because the number 8 key doesn't work. The buttons are also more "Plastic" than rubber. Also I bought my TIVO XL Premiere when it first came. Have they changed remotes since then?

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    4 battery is the original S3 remote with the rubbery buttons
    2 battery is the Premiere remote with the added 4 colored buttons and the plasticy buttons.

3. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    If you want a new remote, I highly recommend you consider the Slide Remote. It has much faster response time, has lots more features, nice build, great range, no need for pointing it, and batteries seem to last forever. Since it is smaller, it takes a bit of getting used to, however.

If you don't want a new remote, you can take apart the old remote and just clean the contact under the keys with a Qtip and some alcohol. After a while, carbon will build up on the board traces under the contact pads and make the most used keys intermittent, then stop working.

4. timstack8969

timstack8969 Member

May 14, 2004
    Thanks for your responses. I'm going with regular TIVO Premiere remote. I need my rubber keys back.

5. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    FWIW my additional low end Premiere non-glo remote has rubber buttons.

This htread has reminded me that I should really redo the current round of Tivo remotes since I have 2 remotes when I really should just program the #2 slide switch position for Tivo #2 on the old glo-remote.