remote control or tivo issue?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ripple_024, Aug 18, 2005.

1. ripple_024

ripple_024 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    i searched the forum and found topics related to the button press that actually thinks it's being pressed twice for whatever reason. mine is different. if i'm watching a recorded show and decide to ffx2...if i hit the >> twice too fast, i hear the button presses but it actually only records a single press...so now instead of ffx2 i'm in ffx1. hope that made sense.

it's frustrating to say the least...

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I also have seen my T60 sometimes not respond if I press a button too quickly in succession. Therefore, don't do that. :) There are also times when you think it hasn't responded to a click so you hit it again only to have it respond too many times. Remember, patience is a virtue. :D

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    A lot of people started experiencing the double-button press when 7.1 was released. Here is a lengthy thread on it:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=239779&page=1&pp=30

IIRC, it was narrowed down to a hardware problem with the peanut remotes manufactured between certain times. I did not have the issue, so I did not pay that close attention, sorry.

4. entropy

entropy New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    So TiVo claimed, despite its affecting remotes made at widely disparate times (Series 1 and Series 2) by different manufacturers (TiVo and Sony.) TiVo even sent me a new remote to back up their claim. It worked fine for a while, but now my TiVos are once again experiencing the problem with the new remote and 7.2, and it's persisted into 7.2.2.

~ Kiran <entropy@io.com>