1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote control of the iOS app

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by petew, Feb 12, 2018.

1. petew

petew Active Member

Jul 31, 2003
    Pittsburg, CA
    Anyone know of any way to fast forward while watching a show using the iOS Tivo APP other than touching the screen? I'm using the lightning to HDMI cable to watch on a hotel TV, but I'd prefer not to carry around a long HDMI cable so my iPhone is sat under the TV. The downside being that I have to get up and touch the screen to skip over every commerical break. I have a bluetooth keyboard paired to the phone but I can't find anyway to control the Tivo app. I'm wondering if there are any other solutions or perhaps Tivo could add keyboard shortcuts to the app for playback control?

2. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I think you would need a Bluetooth keyboard with a touchpad or another Bluetooth mouse, but you would still have to be close enough to your mobile device to see where to position the pointer.

3. adessmith

adessmith Active Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Can you use an apple TV and mirror the tivo app to the screen? Then you could keep the iphone within reach and not have to plug in any adapters. Unfortunately, you'd probably have to have your own wifi connection as well... this probably would not work well on a hotel's wifi.