Remote Control Conflitcs Humax vs Directv

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dhall2276, Jan 10, 2006.

1. dhall2276

dhall2276 New Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Mississippi

Advertisements

I have a Humax DRT800 DVDTivo and a Directv HD DVR. ON the tivo units i know u can set the remote address so there are no conficts of controlling one dvr without affecting the other. There is no remote address feature with the directv unit that I can find. Is there a way to get around this problem with having the two units in the same room and being able to control one without the other? The directv remote doesnt change anything on the humax unit but the humax and standard tivo remotes both will also change channels etc. on the directv unit. Thanks for any help.

2. NoCleverUsername

NoCleverUsername New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    California
  3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    See page 115 in your HDTiVo manual for how to set the remote address.

4. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Not every TiVo, but those that use the Peanut remote use the global 0 and unique 1-9 scheme. Sony's have 3 unique addreses .

5. NoCleverUsername

NoCleverUsername New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    California

Advertisements

True. I purposely didn't bother to mention that distinction because it's just extraneous info that doesn't apply to the OP's situation, as far as I know. (Was there ever a Sony HD TiVo?)

6. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    That is interesting. I have a DRT-800 with a DirecTv D10-100 sitting on top of it and there is no conflict at all. The DRT-800 is set to use global remote code 0.

I have a Nightlight TiVo with another D10-100 in another room that has remote code 1 set. When the remote is on setting one it interferes with the D10. I solved it by covering the face of the d10 some newspaper. Thsi works for me because the TiVo controls the D10 with the serial cable.

Good luck,

Mark