Remote control code

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by reebok, Apr 29, 2020.

1. reebok

reebok New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Is there a way to discover a remote control code to program into the tivo remote by using an IR receiver on a PC? I am trying to get my Vizio soundbar to work with the volume buttons on the TiVo remote, and have tried all the ones I found on this forum for other vizio products. Thanks.

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    The most straight forward way to get it to work is to use the Search feature on the remote.

Setup Instructions - Remote Control Programming Codes

I just did it the other day for a TCL TV. It took just a few minutes. I noticed at one point that the Volume went down instead of the expected TV Power off, so keep pressing forward until you get it to operate properly.

-KP

3. reebok

reebok New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Thanks, I tried that but it couldn't find a code.

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Then it doesn't exist.

The 'search' function runs through the entire Library that is pre-loaded in to the remote.

Once it gets through the entire list, it usually blinks and exits.

Try a Harmony Remote?

-KP

5. HDRyder9

HDRyder9 Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Home automation professionals usually have a device that read IR codes from a remote control. Perhaps you can find someone in your area to read the codes you need.

6. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Watching telly, drinking wine - Lily Allen TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Your best bet would be either a Harmony (if you want to go into that world), or a TiVo learning remote (the Glo and Slide Pro can do it)