Remote control code

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by reebok, Apr 29, 2020.

1. reebok

reebok New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Is there a way to discover a remote control code to program into the tivo remote by using an IR receiver on a PC? I am trying to get my Vizio soundbar to work with the volume buttons on the TiVo remote, and have tried all the ones I found on this forum for other vizio products. Thanks.

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    The most straight forward way to get it to work is to use the Search feature on the remote.

Setup Instructions - Remote Control Programming Codes

I just did it the other day for a TCL TV. It took just a few minutes. I noticed at one point that the Volume went down instead of the expected TV Power off, so keep pressing forward until you get it to operate properly.

-KP

3. reebok

reebok New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Thanks, I tried that but it couldn't find a code.

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Then it doesn't exist.

The 'search' function runs through the entire Library that is pre-loaded in to the remote.

Once it gets through the entire list, it usually blinks and exits.

Try a Harmony Remote?

-KP

5. HDRyder9

HDRyder9 Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Home automation professionals usually have a device that read IR codes from a remote control. Perhaps you can find someone in your area to read the codes you need.

6. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Si non confectus, non reficiat TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Your best bet would be either a Harmony (if you want to go into that world), or a TiVo learning remote (the Glo and Slide Pro can do it)