Remote Commands Jumping and The Return of the Blue Circle

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by stini777, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Dec 7, 2016 #1 of 13
    stini777

stini777 Member

Mar 15, 2016

Advertisements

Is anyone else experiencing issues with their Bolt remote jumping twice with one key press? In other words, I'm scrolling through my shows, press down once and it skips twice. The Blue Circle has also returned and while not nearly as bad as before, it's still really annoying. Happening on my Bolt and my Minis.

2. Dec 7, 2016 #2 of 13
    stini777

stini777 Member

Mar 15, 2016
    It would appear that a restart has solved the issue.

3. Dec 8, 2016 #3 of 13
    TimToady

TimToady New Member

Dec 8, 2016
    I noticed this recent behavior too. I suspect that it's getting the same event via both IR and bluetooth and not de-duping correctly. I don't think my old IR-only remote shows the problem.

4. Dec 9, 2016 #4 of 13
    epstewart

epstewart Member

Mar 1, 2003
    I have this also. I do find that a restart of the Bolt gets rid of it for a while, but then it comes back. I'm using a slide pro remote. The suggestion above that the TiVo is getting the same event via both IR and bluetooth and not de-duping correctly may be true. I'd like to test it. Is there a way to disable either the IR or the bluetooth capability?

5. Dec 9, 2016 #5 of 13
    TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD

Advertisements

I get it on a learned IR remote. No RF involved. Not seeing it after a reboot. Particularly annoying was when I hit Tivo twice to get to the playing list. It would loop back and forth several times.

6. Kurs0010

Kurs0010 Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Yes! Mine too. It's worse than the last round of blue spinning circles that lasted a solid two weeks.

7. Playloud

Playloud Member

Jan 6, 2008
    I just bought a Tivo Bolt. I had been using a HTPC for a few years, which replaced my Tivo HD. I read about how responsive the Bolt was, and I was getting tired of the lack of reliability in the HTPC. So, I pulled the trigger on a Tivo Bolt.

And... I am experiencing the blue spinning circles and remote double hits. Not the fast responsive result I was looking for. I have restarted the unit, but that doesn't seem to help. There are times it is better than others, but I don't really see any rhyme or reason to when it's going to behave properly, and when it is not.

Definitely isn't my internet connection.

[​IMG]

When I first moved it into the cabinet (instead of on my dresser, where I first hooked it up as a test), it started behaving without any delays what so ever. I was happy. Then, I tried it again the next day, and had double hits and blue spinning circles. Disappointed for sure.

8. alexb

alexb Active Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Kirkland, WA
    I have seen this too, what's odd is a second bolt arrived and it's ok, I think it happens after the bolt has been running a while on the latest update.

9. SCSIRAID

SCSIRAID Active Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Vero Beach, FL
    I saw the same thing but a reboot solved it.

10. Steve

Steve TiVowner since 1999

Apr 23, 2003
    White...
    Agree folks still affected should reboot, if they haven't tried it already.

I haven't seen the circle on my Bolt+ since they fixed it a couple of weeks ago, and I'm running 20.6.3.RC7. My in-home streaming was adversely affected by that same issue, but the iPad app's been running smoothly as well, knock on wood.

11. epstewart

epstewart Member

Mar 1, 2003
    I still get the problem sporadically. When I power-cycle the Bolt, the problem with remote commands jumping goes away, but then it will come back again later. I also get sporadic problems with blue spinning circles and unexplainable delays. I can't quite be sure the problem with remote commands jumping and the problem with the blue spinning circle always occur together. They might be separate problems.

12. brandenwan

brandenwan Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Oreland,...
    Ditto. remote jumpy (using slide remote) Reboot fixes then it comes back. It would also sometimes trigger the "A Cable Card Was Just Inserted" screen, but that is a separate issue that happens to get triggered by the remote double hits which makes me double miserable. Getting new box. Bad refurb.

13. Kurs0010

Kurs0010 Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Ugh it's not getting any better for me and I've even opened two cases... neither of which can get an employee to respond...