Remote codes not working for Sylvania TV

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by gloddy, Apr 22, 2005.

1. gloddy

gloddy New Member

Apr 20, 2005

Advertisements

I've tried all the remote code the tivo showed me, twice actually. Suggestions?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    What's your TV's model number? How old is it? Sylvania TVs are actually Philips, so try all of the Philips or Magnavox codes, too.

3. juanian

juanian Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chandler, AZ
    I am having the same kind of problem trying to get the TiVo remote to control a Sylvania VCR/TV combo SRC2213. Based on some other posts, it seems like the TiVo remote doesn't deal with combo units very well, but I can hope! (I have also tried the Philips and both sets of Magnavox codes.)

Also, the code 0088 doesn't seem to work with the old and new TiVo peanut remotes I have. Entering the code doesn't give the three blinks like the other codes do.

4. Alcatraz

Alcatraz Occasionally Helpful

Nov 22, 2000
  5. juanian

juanian Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chandler, AZ

Advertisements

You know, that rings a bell -- thanks! (I thought that that code search functionality was for some other remote, but I guess I was wrong.) I'll give that a try tonight. (Now all I need to do is figure out how to determine which code set finally works (if any), so I will be able to directly set it in the future. (Some remotes have a way of determining which code set is currently in use -- I'll look around to see if there is one for TiVo peanut remotes.)

6. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    There's no way of blinking back the code on peanut remote.

7. juanian

juanian Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chandler, AZ
    :( thanks for the info . . .

8. Jasoco

Jasoco New Member

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm in the same boat here. Except I have now tried every single thing with no results for my Input button.

I went through all the codes in the list for Sylvania, Philips and Magnavox.

I went through the entire code search.

I even tried entering every code manually.

I can't see why my TV wouldn't be supported. It's brand new, but it's a model that has remained virtually unchanged for 4 years. (We have an older model in the Living room and the newer one here.

It's a Sylvania flat 27". (Sylvania 6427FE)

I bought it based on its number of inputs and now find out the damn input codes don't even work! WTF? My RCA TV worked fine when I had it. And that one was at least 5 years old.

Could the remote have anything to do with it? It's from a Series 2 bought in February 2003. (Before the S2's got the silver facelift.)

9. Edmund

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    Sure, a newer peanut might have codes that yours doesn't. But you can find out right now, are there codes in the menu that you don't get 3 blinks when tried? That means the codes aren't in your remote, but are in newer remotes. The on-screen list is upto date, the remote may not.

10. Jasoco

Jasoco New Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Yes. Actually, a couple did do it. Darn. I guess the only way to fix it is to get a newer remote?

11. festusMA

festusMA New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    My Sylvania has stopped accepting signals from both my TiVo remote AND my Sylvania remote. I've seen a bunch of threads around from people who have the same problem... it seems to be the TVs sensor that won't recognize the remotes... but no one seems to sure. And I haven't found any cures that work yet.

12. Jasoco

Jasoco New Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Not me. Because mine still accepts the Sylvania remote, and works perfectly with TiVo's POWER button, but Input will not work at all. I don't know about volume (I think it works) because I use a 5.1 reciever surround system that ALSO won't accept the TiVo remote. (Mainly because it's a Venturer $50 budget thing. But hell, it works. Just without volume control from the TiVo remote.)

I really REALLY wish Logitech would give TiVo the royal Harmony treatment and create a remote specifically designed as a TiVo remote with the same universal automated features all the rest of the Harmonies have.

I'm talking about having Play/Pause in the correct centered position, being durable so if it's dropped it won't necessarily break right off the bat... You know? I mean they did it for the damn Xbox 360. Do it for TiVo, man! TiVo! (Every single universal remote I've seen has always had the Pause/Play button (The most used of ANY TiVo user aside from the direction arrows and select.) in the wrong place. Some remotes say "Works with TiVo!" but have the Play and Pause buttons DOWN AT THE BOTTOM! It's hard enough trying to hit Delete or Enter on this thing. I want it direct center. Prominently displayed. And if it's not too much to ask, bright shiny yellow.

Anyway, end rant. It would solve every remote problem ever had with TiVo's remote.

13. nanette01

nanette01 New Member

May 8, 2004
    Hello, I have a Sylvania TV combo with DVD (model #6620LDF) and I talked with TIVO for about an hour and we could never get a code that works, so I have to use the TV remote for volume, must and power. I did a search twice for the codes and that did not work either.

I'm open to any ideas anyone has, would a new TIVO remote help?

14. Edmund

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    Sorry, but you're out of luck. TV/dvd combo us the codeset of the dvd player, so searching TV codes fails. And you will only find TV CODES in the peanut remote.

15. joe12

joe12 New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    1251 & 3409 Remote Code for Sylvania TV/DVD Combo. TV code is 1251, DVD code is 3409.

We bought a Sylvania LCD TV/DVD Combo, SSL15D6, $300 at Sam's. The combo's great, we'd buy it again, and in fact may yet buy a second one.

However, the Sylvania remote sucks, especially for a nearsighted 70-year-old household member. So we bought an RCA Universal Remote, RCR450, $13 at Home Depot. It came with a list of codes to try, the last codes listed worked. This remote has fewer and larger buttons than most remotes, and works fine. We're quite happy with it.

(This remote will control, it says, up to four devices. We also have a several-year-old Toshiba VCR; the remote works with this as well, although getting the button sequence figured out was tricky at first. Please note that this remote does not have an eject button.)

16. bruin90

bruin90 New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    After a while Directv was able to give a fix. For my remote they had me hold TV Pwr and Tivo button 5 seconds until the red light stayed solid. Then they had be enter 0999 (this will allow for an automatic search). Light will flash twice and stay red. Keep pushing channel up until tv turns off. At that point press the enter/jump key to lock code. Then hit power to test.

17. excgtech

excgtech New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Oregon
    My Radio Shack 3 in One remote control (an older one) uses code 171 for the
    Sylvania TV Newer Model. That code is not given in the Radio Shack users manual.

18. Edmund

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    UEI code 171 matches tivo code 0008.

19. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    and some newer Sylvania's are Funai's, I know my mom's new 20" 4:3 Sylvania LCD is Funai

20. Globular

Globular No time to hack

Jun 9, 2004
    Groton, MA USA
    Is there a table somewhere that translates these UEI codes to TiVo codes? I have a "Polaroid" 46" LCD and can't find the tivo code for it, but I believe their manual has the UEI codes.