Remote Code for Vizio P43 EDTV

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ds1011, Oct 19, 2006.

1. ds1011

ds1011 New Member

Mar 1, 2005

Advertisements

I would like to set my tivo remote to operate the Vizio p42 EDTV. VINC is an alias for this maker. TV was purchased at COSTCO.

I have tried a remote code search and was unsuccessful. Any help from someone using this TV would be appreciated.

I have tried 0128 which is suggested often when someone ask for the remote code.
    The Vizio manual suggest 1756 which will not program to the remote. (works on a comcast remote)

Thank You fro your help. I will verify when I get a working remote code.

P.S. Suggestions to buy a new Remote are not welcome, I hope a definitive answer can be found, not lame responses indicating a new remote would solve the problem.

2. ricardo.cabello

ricardo.cabello New Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Hello, I'm a new user and I also have the same problem finding a code for my Vizio TV.
    I have a motorola remote and have tried codes #'s: 1756; 0864 & 0885 needless to say, none work. This remote came with the HD box from my cable co.
    If anyone has any other codes please pass them on.

Thanks again
    Richard

3. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Boone. IA
    Those codes are UEI remote codes, if they don't work try UEI remote code equivalent to tivo remote code 0128, thats tv 0178.

4. SHawk

SHawk New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    0178 worked for turning on and off tv, but not the most important tv/video button. I tried all the codes on this thread.

5. flnsx

flnsx New Member

Feb 19, 2004

Advertisements

Did anyone find the correct code for the input on the tivo remote?