Remote Button for switching to 'recording' channels?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by audiowizard, Aug 21, 2007.

1. audiowizard

audiowizard New Member

Mar 25, 2005

Advertisements

Is there a button on the Tivo remote you can press which will automatically bounce you to, and fro any channels that are recording?

Scenario:

- You are watching channel 5.
    - You have channel 10 on your 'Last' button.
    - You notice Tivo is recording channel 15, and channel 20.

Is there a button you can press that will jump you from 5 -> 15, and then cycle you between 15 <-> 20?

2. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002
    Live Button Switches Tuners...

3. audiowizard

audiowizard New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Awesome, thanks Tico!

4. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    If you're watching channel 5, TiVo can't be recording channel 15 and channel 20. Only 2 tuners!

5. audiowizard

audiowizard New Member

Mar 25, 2005

Advertisements

Oh, for some reason I thought it works that way, but you're right!

6. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    That's OK, you're an audio wizard, not video. :)

7. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    The "Enter" button also goes to the last channel. e.g. One tuner is recording channel 10. You switch to the other tuner and start watching channel 6. You then switch to channel 3. At that point hitting Live TV would switch you to the other tuner (channel 10), but hitting Enter would switch you to channel 6. Confusing, eh?

8. mikeyts

mikeyts Stream Warrior

Jul 10, 2004
    San Diego,...
    I'd been wondering what would switch to the last channel! Before I bought the S3 in January, it'd been years since I'd used TiVo, but I remembered there being a LAST button of some sort.

More confusing yet is that if you use LIVE, whatever is on the other tuner becomes the last channel, so ENTER starts switching between tuners until you tune something else.

9. gwar9999

gwar9999 New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    The Previous Channel button (or whatever TiVo calls it-- I use a Harmony 880 rather than the TiVo remote) appears to be identical to the Enter button (atleast as far as my Harmony is concerned). That is, it doesn't matter which you press they result in the same behavior. Such that if you are entering a channel and are impatient like me, and you press 2+5+Enter or 2+5+Prev Channel it immediately tunes to channel 25. If you then tune to 34 and press Enter you go back to 25, which if of course the same for the Previous Channel button.

10. flightrisk

flightrisk New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    The recording panel of the info screen also tells you what's on the other tuner, and lets you switch. Press "INFO" then down arrow onto the record/recycle (the icon with two arrows around it) icon.