Remote assistance...

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by spicolte, Dec 6, 2011.

1. spicolte

spicolte New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    San...
    I have a GXCEBOT Tivo and use the peanut remote. I lost the remote, and the replacement I purchased was the same peanut remote, but a bit longer and with a Direct TV button in place of the Tivo button. It immediately began working with my Tivo, even though it was not the correct remote.

I recovered the lost original peanut remote and while it still controls my Tivo, the Guide/Live TV button no longer displays the guide when this button is depressed. Apparently using the longer peanut remote has somehow done something to alter the function of this button in my original remote.

What can I do to reset, or reprogram this original remote so it once again works as intended?

(all other buttons function correctly. Only the Guide button won't work)

Thanks for any and all help.

2. spicolte

spicolte New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    San...
    Looks like my post received alot of views, but no one has an answer.

The good news is, after months of not working correctly, the remote "magically" starting working correctly after my post. Go figure.

So...problem solved, but I don't know how...just glad it's working correctly now. It was super annoying having to get up and hit the "guide" button on the Tivo every time we needed to see the guide.:mad::thumbsdown: