REMINDER - The Librarian: Return of King Solomon on 12/3

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mwhip, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Dec 1, 2006 #1 of 33
    mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
  2. Dec 2, 2006 #2 of 33
    Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    Thank you! I would have been very annoyed if I'd missed this. They're running the first one too, so if you didn't get this in HD, this is your chance.

(Should this be in Season Pass Alerts?)

3. Dec 2, 2006 #3 of 33
    DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I liked the first one as well. I'm gonna record it :)

4. Dec 2, 2006 #4 of 33
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    YES, it should. And thanks for posting this, I have set both to record. In HD!

you're forgiven... :D

5. Dec 2, 2006 #5 of 33
    balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    No it shouldn't. Read the FAQs.

6. Dec 3, 2006 #6 of 33
    hospadam

hospadam New Member

Oct 13, 2006
    What's the name of the first one? I can't find it in my guide. Thanks.

7. Dec 3, 2006 #7 of 33
    mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Quest for the Spear

8. Dec 3, 2006 #8 of 33
    Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Saw the first one when it was first televised. I've set up a recording for the new one tonight, but I'll probably watch it live, anyway.

9. Dec 3, 2006 #9 of 33
    BriGuy20

BriGuy20 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Vienna, VA
    As far as made-for-TNT-with-Noah-Wyle fare, I'd be more interested to see a Pirates of Silicon Valley sequel. It seems deserved, given how much Jobs has done since the last one came out.

10. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    Which FAQ did you have in mind? I don't see anything germane, in either TV Talk's rules, Season Pass Alerts, or in the forum FAQ (no hits on any of the relevant terms I thought to check).

11. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Since it's a made for TV movie, not a series, a Season Pass alert wouldn't be quite right.

phox

12. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Aaarggghhhh! Unwatchable :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :( :mad:

The captions were lagging. Badly. I actually timed it, the captions appeared 4-5 seconds after the audio. It makes a show ... unwatchable. I think this was the first time I have watched TNT-HD since i got HD about 2-3 months ago. So I don't know whether it is the episode/movie, or TNT in general. So I recorded an X-Files that came on later that night. It had the captions 4-5 seconds before the audio! I then turned on live TNTHD. Some vamp movie. Captions precede audio by 4-5 seconds.

Is TNT-HD always this bad? This makes a channel unusable for me. And while I'm a live & let live kinda guy, this is the kinda crap that makes me want to file an FCC complaint.

BTW, I am referring to the 1st movie, that was shown last night. I have no idea how the sequel this thread is actually about will do. But I don't have high hopes :mad:

13. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Could you post a link to the FAQs? Seriously, I'm not being a smart-*ss :)

As an infrequent poster, I try to stick to the rules, so I figure I would read the FAQs about SPs, and learn which posts should go where. I have looked up every FAQ I could find on TCF, and not a one refers to the SP forum, and what is appropriate there. I looked at the FAQ link at the top of the page, and even found a site called TivoFAQ.com. Neither seemed to have any info.

I know I am just overlooking it, so I could use a nudge. Thanks!

14. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Let me help you with my logic. I would post this in SP alerts if when you looked up the program on your TiVo it gave you an option to set a season pass. Since it is a made for TV movie you do not get this option hence it should not be posted in SP alerts. The only other logical choice since it is on TV not a theatrical release it would be placed in TV Show talk. Which maybe should be renamed to TV talk and not just TV show talk.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, the description of the Season Pass Alert forum on the main page sums it up pretty succinctly:
    It's a forum for when Season Passes fail you. "Hey, this sounds like a cool show" threads are usually posted in Now Playing.

16. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Yes, TNT HD is always that bad.

I recorded the Closer Season 1 mini marathon a couple weeks ago,
    1st episode, captions pretty close to audio,
    2nd episode captions about 1-2 seconds ahead of audio,
    3rd episode, captions about 4-5 seconds ahead of audio at which point I turned them off and turned up the volume considerably.

Halfway through the marathon captions synced back up with audio, but then started migrating further and further apart again.

At least I can watch without them, someone who can't would just stop watching altoghether.

phox

17. balboa dave

balboa dave well rounded

Jan 19, 2004
    Newport...
    Yes, I should have said forum description, not FAQs. Thanks for the correction, and sorry for the confusion. I made a request to the moderators for a new forum just for the announcement of new shows but was turned down. Now Playing is all we get.

18. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Well, that was an amusing little trifle.

19. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Was? Oh, come on, we can drag this out for WEEKS! :D

20. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...
    I guess then it's a distinction between what apparently is and what would make sense to be. Lucky for me I read both fora, then.