"Regular Schedule" in local off-air guide listing

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by cdorval, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Jan 3, 2006 #1 of 10
    cdorval

cdorval New Member

Sep 26, 2005

Advertisements

Anyone know why some of my off-air locals have the correct program listings, and some just have "Regular Schedule". I don't know how to setup season passes to record from the off-air, HD channels. TIVO only offers the SD, correctly labeled program to be recorded. Info? Ideas? Thanks ...

2. Jan 3, 2006 #2 of 10
    litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    "Regular Schedule" means that no Guide Data is available for that channel at that time. The Guide Data is supplied by http://www.zap2it.com, so check their web site to see if the information is there. You'll also find a link where you can provide feedback.

3. Jan 3, 2006 #3 of 10
    djb61230

djb61230 New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Johnstown, NY
    I wanted to mention that I did not have a lot of luck getting zap2it to add some local channels using their web link. Maybe it's better now, but I submitted the info three times and nothing changed after waiting at least a month.

Then I found this page on Tivo's site:

https://customersupport.tivo.com/caseSubmitLineup.asp?

that allowed me to give Tivo the proper info which they must have relayed to zap2it. All was fixed in about a week. I just figured that zap2it sees Tivo as the customer, not us regular people.

4. Jan 6, 2006 #4 of 10
    vlayton

vlayton New Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I've been trying to get the same problem fixed in Austin. Just got e-mail from the affected station's engineer:

I just received a call from Tribune Media Services that the problem
    with the KNVA-DT program guide has been resolved and program info
    should be correct beginning tomorrow, Saturday the 7th.

In this case, the engineer made changes to the PSIP tables that screwed up the guide data. First I called DTV. Waste of time. Contacted the station and it took him 3 weeks to find a tech at DTV that figured out what went wrong. Then he had to call Tribune(not sure where this zap2it fits into the picture, if at all) and tell them what to change on their end.

Long story short, contact the tv station engineer(even though DTV will tell you not to do this).

5. Jan 6, 2006 #5 of 10
    TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004

Advertisements

That is good advice, but the HR10 does not use PSIP. Since it is a Tivo, it has legacy code for using Tribune for its guide listings just like every other Tivo has always had. I can't imagine a PSIP glitch could affect it since the EPG info is not parsed out of the ATSC stream, and Tribune gets its listings manually, I think. So, calling the station might start a fire under engineering, but the fire needs to be started under the Programming dept. and their connection with Tribune to really fix these issues.

If a station does not sub to Tribune, it will default to "regular schedule", also. For instance we have a 45.2 locally that is not subbed to Tribune (although 45.1 is, and 45.2 carries the same programming in 480i).

Titan gets their info from Tribune. If it's wrong, Titan will usually be wrong, too.

6. HarryG

HarryG New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    I filled out the form and submitted three different program guide issues to TiVo. Unfortunately, it seems that TiVo is not offering any support for the DirecTv HR10-250.
    Below is their reply to all three submissions.

Dear Valued TiVo Customer,

Thank you for contacting TiVo regarding your lineup issue. Unfortunately, we are currently unable to correct any lineup issues on a DIRECTV DVR. You will need to contact DIRECTV at 1-800-DIRECTV to correct this issue for you. Again, we do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Thank you for choosing TiVo.

7. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    One thing about Zap2It. It doesn't default to showing HD stations. You need to customize the list to see your HD stations. However, this isn't exactly the problem in this thread. I just thought people should know this fact.

8. workindev

workindev New Member

Oct 13, 2003
    I got this same email from the KNVA engineer, but the problem still remains. Now I have 2 channels under 54-1, one has the program guide data and no program ("signal not found"), the other gets a good signal but is listed as "regular programming".

9. mkpd

mkpd New Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Are all the channels local to you? If they are from a distant tower or in another network area try adding a secondary network area.

For instance I Live north of Boston. Using a Rotor, pre-amp and a CM4221 antenna I get all Boston, Providence, and some Maine Channels. At first all the Providence and Maine channels had "Regular Schedule" in the guide. I went into the "Off-Air Channel Settings" choose "Set Up Local Network areas". It was set up only for the Primary network area of Boston. I added a secondary network area for Providence.

All the Providence stations now had guide data. Unfortunately you can only add one secondary area so all my Maine stations still say "Regular Schedule".

10. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

May 15, 2005
    Dawson, GA
    I've been having issues with my HR10-250 not showing guide data for several of my local digital channels (two primary channels, and a few stations secondary channels). I have been in contact with several of the stations that have the issues. One, I may have a good chance of getting corrected, one was trying to help me, but it's been several weeks, so I think I can write him off, and the other station has no E-Mail address. I have also contacted zap2it.com about it several times, as well as someone from Tribune themselves. No reply from zap2it.com, and no follow-up reply from Tribune.

Now that TiVo is releasing the TiVo Series 3, maybe I can contact them about the discrepancy and get them to correct the data... or has zap2it.com or DirecTV gotten better about correcting mistakes like these?

Also, one of the stations missing data from my HR10-250 (and Hughes HTL-HD) is listed on zap2it.com, but not on my receivers. Does anybody else have this issue?

~Alan