Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by buddhawood, Mar 5, 2008.
DAMN! What options do we have regarding lifetime service currently?
also claims 3 months service included.
Plus if you act between MARCH 9th, 2008 AND JUNE 28th, 2008, youll get THREE FREE MONTHS OF SERVICE when you use the promo code 3FREEHD at http://www.TiVo.com/activate.
I just bought one of these and didn't do any research! It seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.
1. I bought a Series 2 Tivo a few months ago under a 1 year agreement. Can I use the "Change TiVo Service Number" to change my service to the new HD Tivo?
2. I see that the monthly plan is now $12.95, while I'm still paying $16.95. Is there anyway to get on that plan or do I have to wait until the year is up and sign up again for another year?
3. Assuming that I can change my service number, can I sell my Series 2 on ebay or is it tied to me somehow?
1. Yes, you can go to tivo.com and "manage my account"
2. You'll have to wait until the year is up.
3. You can certainly try to sell it - take a look at closed auctions on eBay to get an idea of what to expect. I don't think that you'll get a lot of money for them, but anything you get is better than nothing!
Tivo is still running a lifetime service option for users that already have a Tivo. ($399 for lifetime service)
Does anybody know if this option works if you buy the Tivo somewhere else (like woot) and then activate it? Or do you have to buy the box from Tivo as well?
Are there any rebates for this tivo? Didn't say on woot
None that I know of.
NO rebates for this unit.
I bought my lifetime on a Series 2 in May of 2003. Can I still transfer that for $199 or is the $399 option the only one available?
I bought a second Series3 TiVo from a outside dealer and I received my $200 rebate (Spring rebate) and also received the $399 lifetime service offer.
I missed getting a S3 from CC for $279 (last week i was in NH store, said they had a few the week before).
Guess I'll have to woot so I can replace my S2.
Thx for posting... wooted!
While $179 + $5 S/H is a good price, you can still get a refurb directly from Tivo.com for $199. With shipping that's only $15 more than woot.com. The advantage is a 1yr warranty from Tivo.com instead of a 90 day warranty.
I'll follow up my own post... the Tivo.com offer does require you to sign up for a new service plan. So if you want to transfer a current plan, this might not work and woot.com might be better.
As always, read the fine print...
They are? The only one I can find expired 2/13/08. Do you have a link to info about the current lifetime?
I see the lifetime option when I sign into my account and then go to Buy TiVo and select TiVo price plans. The info says expiration is Feb 13 but from what I read they are still offering it. In fact, I talked to a CSR this week and he offered it to me but I was transferring an existing lifetime service.