Refurb Premiere XL $199 at Woot.com

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by lafos, Feb 5, 2011.

1. lafos

lafos Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I see that Woot has a refurbished Premiere XL for $199 and the ad states it's eligible for the normal $12.95 rate. I had bought one of the $70 refurb Premieres from them a few weeks ago, and had no problem getting $299 PLS, but I opted to swap out an HD on monthly.

Good price if you want to avoid the $19.99 monthly rate.

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I'm in for one, I also intend to do a 2TB swap and see about lifetime on it, but letting it take the place of one my S2's for $12.95 or $6.95 would not be the end of the world.

3. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    It wouldn't be any different than the refurb'd premieres that were sold last month on sellout.woot. They are refurb'd so they don't fall under the $19.99/mo only subscription and they aren't sold by tivo.com where you have to buy the subscription at $12.95/mo at the same time and be stuck with it for a year. You can put any kind of subscription you want on one of these including with MSD and including swapping it into an old $6.95/mo MSD subscription. That's what I did with mine. swapped it with my S2DT

4. TheWGP

TheWGP Hmmm...

Oct 26, 2007
    Some Tivo CSR's are saying the same thing they did with the normal Prem's before: that they wanted to ONLY offer the 12.95 monthly. This is, of course, untrue - don't believe it! Posting this in part because I know some of the folks researching this deal will read this thread - lifetime, in particular, should indeed be available via a couple of methods.