Reflash SAT-T60 Series 1 DTivo ???

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by botcher, Aug 29, 2006.

1. botcher

botcher New Member

Dec 28, 2002
    New Jersey

Advertisements

Is there any way to reflash a SAT-T60 without loading Xtreme onto a drive and installing it first? Can it be done via the serial bash cable without the drive running?

My drive seems to be ok, butthe T60 won't get past the "Welcome, Powering Up" screen. Any other diagnostics to check? The power supply voltages and all the voltage regulator ICs on the main board are working fine. Just wont get past the Welcome screen. Even tried two drives.

Thanks
    Botcher

2. puffdaddy

puffdaddy Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Wow... cross posting between bulletin boards... You'll need to head to the underground section here for these types of questions.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Just what are you trying to reflash? It seems that in order to have a Bash prompt you need to have the TiVo's OS running off the hard drive.

4. botcher

botcher New Member

Dec 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    The problem is that I thought the hard drive died. I tried a new "baked" drive with 3.5, but no luck. I then troubleshooted the circuit boad at component level. All dc voltages are present, so the power supply and cable between it and the main board is ok. Even the other voltage regulators on the main board are good.

My only thought is that while it took the 3.5 upgrade from the sat, it must have corrupted something on the original drive, which may have damaged the flash. Right now, after trying two drives, it wont get past the Welcome screen.

5. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY

Advertisements

Maybe a member in the underground or upgrade forums can help.

6. botcher

botcher New Member

Dec 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Well, I found the problem!

The original drive was corrupted during the 3.5 download/changeover.

The first Instantcake CD I had made must have not been 100%. Both the old and the new drives failed to start after being "baked".

This evening, I made a new Instantcake CD, then "rebaked" both the original and new drives. Now both drives (and the T60) are working fine!

Now I have a spare 3.5 drive on the shelf.........

Thanks for the suggestions, anyway!

Botcher