Reelgood app and Amazon Prime launching

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by moyekj, May 13, 2020.

1. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Has anyone had any success launching into an actual Amazon Prime selection from Reelgood app? For Amazon Prime it always takes me to the launch point of Amazon Prime instead of to the title I try to launch. Reelgood works perfectly for launching directly into Netflix and HBO NOW selections, but no luck with any Amazon Prime selection so far.

From the TiVo app itself launching into Amazon Prime selections was buggy as well. I think it only worked when Amazon Prime app was completely closed before attempting to launch into a title. But even that workaround doesn't work with Reelgood for me.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  2. jimpmc

jimpmc Active Member

Oct 31, 2001
    I am seeing the same thing. I suggest you use their feedback form on their website. They have responded (and resolved) some items that I sent it in.

3. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    ReelGood worked on my first try for me, opened up to the show on Amazon.

TiVo so far hasn't worked for me to do the same.

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Can you give me a specific example of a show that worked from ReelGood? So far I've tried about 10 different shows over 3 different series and none worked. Thanks.

5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Reelgood does the same thing for me as the TiVo app. All it does is go to the home screen of the Amazon app. The same thing happened on my Shield TV with Reelgood.

I've yet to see reelgood or the TiVo app go the the actual show page in the Amazon app..

I've tried at least fifteen shows between both of them.

6. Chris Fox

Chris Fox New Member

Oct 11, 2002
    Alpharetta, GA
    I bet if you send a bug report to both companies, ReelGood with fix it much sooner :)

pldoolittle and aaronwt like this.
  7. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    It worked for me with “Upload”.

8. jimpmc

jimpmc Active Member

Oct 31, 2001
    Upload didn't work for me -- I even force stopped Prime Video beforehand.

9. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    Not a 'Prime' user but what if Prime maybe has it available from multiple sources?

10. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Same here. Just tried an "Upload" episode and same problem. Must be a setting of some sort that explains the difference in behavior...

11. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    At least ReelGood has Upload. Search through the Stream app finds it but doesn’t allow it to be added to MyShows or show it as an Amazon show.

12. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I've tried it multiple times with Upload, since I am in the middle of watching it. It still hasn't worked for me. Every evening I have been trying several Amazon shows with it. And it always just opens up to the Amazon home screen.

13. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Note that Reelgood takes me to the proper Amazon prime launch point from a browser. I haven't tried installing app on my phone yet, but I suspect that would work fine too.

14. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I used the "Feedback" link from Reelgood web page to notify Reelgood of the issue. Would encourage others to do the same.

15. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    This problem goes back along time. ~3 years ago TiVo had direct launch access to Prime episodes, then one day it started taking you to the episode landing page instead.

That’s how I remember it at least.

16. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Apparently direct access is still working for some though...

17. mrizzo80

Apr 16, 2012
    I think the issue is with Amazon’s deep link support in their 10 foot interface apps. Going through ReelGood may help light a fire under Amazon though, who knows.

I also replicated what you said in the opening post with an episode of Bosch. Force closing the Amazon app allowed the link from TiVo to initiate episode playback. Normally it just goes to the home screen, which is even worse than the episode landing page the DVRs did for me.

aaronwt likes this.
  18. m86

m86 New Member

Apr 4, 2016
    I also with both apps would take me to the 4K version of the show instead of the SD/HD title.

19. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    FYI, with Reelgood app running on Fire Stick 4K it direct launches and starts playing Amazon Prime Video titles. HUGE improvement over TiVo Stream 4K. Fire Stick 4K also has a number of other advantages already just after a few minutes of trying it out.

aaronwt likes this.
  20. mrizzo80

Apr 16, 2012
    How did you get that app on Fire OS? I didn’t think it was available. Did you side load it? I never got into that stuff.

aaronwt likes this.