1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redirected to 'scam' site just now

Discussion in 'Forum Operations Center' started by kpeters59, Apr 12, 2018.

1. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    I was a 'winner' they told me, but I didn't save it.

On my Android tablet running Oreo.

- KP

2. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe Cool Men Cook

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    me too - and someone else noticed too, but it looks like their thread was merged into the closed one.

3. dwatt

dwatt Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2007
    I have been getting redirected quite a bit lately as well. These at least have let me back out of it and back to TCF but redirects again very quickly.

4. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    I find it impossible to view these forums on iOS. Just way to many redirects.

If I got that $500 gift card or what never every time I was redirected I would be a multi millionaire by now.

kpeters59 likes this.
  5. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    This screenshot is from last Thursday (4/12) around 10:40 Pacific time. I had several redirects to a screen nagging me to upgrade Firefox, followed by this dialog box that pops up over the top of it. I was trying to post at the time but gave up. Using the back button to get back to TCF didn't work -- it just redirected me back to where I was.

TCF-hijack.PNG

Mozilla nags me every time I open Firefox that there's an update to download -- by a completely different method -- so it's obvious this is crap, even without the overlay.

This is on my desktop computer (Win 8.1) not my phone. Yes, I'm still on FF 55.0.3. The newer version breaks one of the add-ons I need.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  6. danm628

danm628 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 14, 2002
    Vancouver, WA
    If you can do what David suggests in this post so they can find the bad ad and block it: Bad Ad's Showing Up? Please let us know!

murgatroyd likes this.
  7. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Thanks, I bookmarked David's post so I can find it next time.

8. danm628

danm628 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 14, 2002
    Vancouver, WA
    It's permanently at the top of the Forum Operation Center section. But we all tend to ignore the threads that are pinned there.

9. murgatroyd

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    Agreed. I even downloaded the instructions on getting the log file when that thread was first posted, but in the annoyance over getting redirected while I was in the middle of writing a post, I forgot that I had already done so (and, obviously, where I had put the PDF).

10. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    A page I was viewing just now rolled me to some odd website just now.

I don't really have any other details to report, but it happened about 2 minutes ago.

-KP

11. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Happened again tonight.

While reading a thread, the page suddenly forwards to another site. I captured the address:

Reimage Repair

-KP