red screen on Amazon

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rhona, Dec 4, 2016.

1. rhona

rhona New Member

Dec 4, 2016

Advertisements

Red Screen always only on Amazon Prime videos- but do not use parental controls. Tried pulling out tivo connection to tv. That only solves prob for that one use. Red screen recurrs at next use. Help!

2. Blaskovision

Blaskovision New Member

Dec 4, 2016
    I have the same - started today. HBO Go also no longer has video output.

I'm within 30 days on my Bolt and this is a deal breaker. Sad. I was really enjoying what they had done.

3. mikewb

mikewb New Member

Oct 23, 2016
    Cascade...
    I also get a red screen when trying to stream from Amazon on my Bolt.
    Amazon streams fine from my Samsung DVD player.

4. rhona

rhona New Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Did you find a fix?

5. mikewb

mikewb New Member

Oct 23, 2016
    Cascade...

Advertisements

I emailed Margret at Tivo a few days ago. She asked me to enter 777-Clear on the remote control to create a log file so they could review what is happening. I'm still seeing the red screen, so not fixed yet.

6. Tanya20191

Tanya20191 New Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Im having the red screen issue too. It used to work fine but suddenly started happening. It will work if I reboot but then problem keeps re-occurring. Hope there's a fix soon.

7. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    I had that red screen for one day about a week ago, but it worked fine the next day and has since.

On the other hand, I am getting a lot of screen freezes while watching Amazon - no rhyme or reason, jut randomly stops dead. Play or pause/[lay does absolutely nothing, but I have found that just an instantaneous rewind then play button push starts it right back up. So it is an easy fix, but getting very irritating nonetheless.

8. DaveA

DaveA New Member

Dec 20, 2016
    I am having this same issue with my new Bolt. Tivo support agreed to send me a new Bolt, which worked fine for a few days, but now gives the red screen again on Amazon Video. Unplugging and plugging back in the HDMI cable seems to be a temporary fix. Extremely disappointing especially since their support doesn't seem to know what's going on or even be aware of the issue. My TV is a Samsung 55".

Definitely seems like a bug. Anyone get any resolution on this?

9. mikewb

mikewb New Member

Oct 23, 2016
    Cascade...
    After contacting Margret at Tivo (margret@tivo.com) an update was sent to my Bolt which fixed the red screen problem. I'm guessing that the fix will be rolled out to everyone??

It does seem odd to contact the Vice President of Product Development with support requests, but Margret does accept them. She is very helpful. You may not always get a reply from her, but the problems that I have reported have been fixed in just a few days.