Red record light

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by ScottFL, Dec 31, 2015.

1. ScottFL

ScottFL New Member

Dec 14, 2015
    Last night I noticed the red light on the front of the box, didn't think much about it at the time figured it was recording a program. Woke up this am and the red light was still on and I knew for a fact that it was not recording anything. The only way I was able to get it off was restarting it. Anyone have an Idea what caused that?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Ads that you see when hitting pause and at the bottom of the My Shows screen are frequently recorded in the early morning ours. Next time, hit Info, then down and see if one of your tuners says Discovery channel. I've seen it once and I don't get the Discovery channel on the box that was recording.

If you have suggestions enabled that can cause it also.

3. GoodSpike

GoodSpike Active Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    If the light bothers you, one thing you can do is have the Tivo set to go into standby automatically (or put it there yourself). That won't affect recordings, but it does get rid of the lights.

4. ScottFL

ScottFL New Member

Dec 14, 2015
    I actually did go into the settings after rebooting this am and set the power setting to LOW, what is the diff. between LOW MEDIUM AND HIGH for the standby settings?

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The effects are documented on the screen that sets the time.

Standby is Standby. You are asking about the difference in Power Saving modes. Low power saving is just like manual Standby but there is a four hour inactivity delay. Some have reported that Power Saving also stops the hard drive.