Recovering from the blues

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by VladTemplar, Jan 6, 2006.

1. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

Jan 6, 2006

Advertisements

So without giving all the background information, I am basically another schmuck that made the assumption that you would be able to transfer from a SA Series 2 to a Humax and be able to burn said shows to DVD.

I cruised the forums for a bit, and after finding that this is virtually impossible for us end-users to rectify, is there any chance that TiVo is going to change its software on a universal scale so that all units recording on the same spec?

2. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    Highly unlikely. I'm not even sure if the DVD-RW and non-DVD-RW units are using the same encoder.

3. baum001

baum001 New Member

Sep 1, 2004
    I did not see your forum and just started another one. $350.00 and time spent setting up a network to find out you cannot burn via the media option from one DVR to another. Clearly misleading and mis representation. Will send my new box back, order a DVR from my cable company,cancel monthly service and buy a new burner. I hate being decieved. I will also sell my thousand shares in a company that is clearly falling behind in research and development in a technology driven world. We were schmucks!

4. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    LOL :p
    I'll buy the shares :up:

5. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

Jan 6, 2006

Advertisements

So since we just purchased this unit and the service for it, is it possible to return said unit and change the service over to a different model?

6. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    There is a 30 day return policy, so if you're within 30 days - yes.