Recordings given title of wishlist

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by ctall, Mar 19, 2019.

1. ctall

ctall New Member

Oct 6, 2010

Advertisements

I have a wishlist for movies from 2019. It’s not an auto record. Tonight I happened to manually set a movie from 2019 to record via the guide. Now, in My Shows, it’s listed in a folder with the title of the wishlist (2019, Movies) rather than simply by its title.

This is behavior I haven’t seen before. Anyone else experience it?

2. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Are you saying that the folder is titled as 2019, Movies or that within the fold the recording has that title?

3. QuietMan

QuietMan New Member

Nov 15, 2018
    Ohio
    ctall asked:

I have a wishlist for movies from 2019. It’s not an auto record. Tonight I happened to manually set a movie from 2019 to record via the guide. Now, in My Shows, it’s listed in a folder with the title of the wishlist (2019, Movies) rather than simply by its title.

This is behavior I haven’t seen before. Anyone else experience it?

I've seen this after setting up WishLists by using the HD menus in the "Classic TiVo Experience" and exiting the setup without deleting the default Automatic Recording = "Yes" value. As soon as you click "Done Setting Up This WishList", do not click "OK", and do not click "Upcoming Matches". Instead, click "Modify Recording Options". There you can change the auto-record value to "No" before saving the new WishList.

If you miss that step -- and it's far too easy to miss -- the DVR will instantly set up all the matches it can find as AR's. Even if you go right back in and change the AR value to "No", the DVR seems to remember the (now deleted) AR associations with the new WishList. If you then set up a recording of such an associated show, My Shows will display the recording in a folder with the name of the WishList, as though it came from an AR.

An easier workaround, if your DVR still supports them, is to use the SD menus, rather than HD, to set up WishLists. If you still have SD menus, you can start them from the Settings > Display Settings menu.

Can someone tell us if that default AR value is still "Yes" in 21.8.x software? Thanks!

4. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Delete it and then recover it and it will lose it's attachment to the wish list.

5. QuietMan

QuietMan New Member

Nov 15, 2018
    Ohio

Advertisements

Yes, thanks, scandia101! Any program will lose its attachment to an AR WishList folder if the program is deleted and then recovered.

Caution note: if you delete and recover a recording that way, check its "Keep Until" setting. The deletion removes any "Keep Until I Delete" protection you previously set up. The recovery does not restore that protection. If you want it, set it up again manually after you recover the recording.