Recording Without Being Setup?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by reubenray, Sep 28, 2007.

1. reubenray

reubenray New Member

Mar 4, 2002
    Charleston,...

Advertisements

For some reason my HR10-250 keeps trying to record Starz. I do not have Starz and when I notice it recording something I stop it.

Any idea what is causing this?

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Go to the channels preferences list and remove from it any channels you do not receive.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Specifically the Channels You Receive list. :)

4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    In current TiVo software versions there is only one list which combines channels you receive and favorites. In this list make sure that channels you do not receive are not checked.

5. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY

Advertisements

So true, it's been a while since I reviewed that list. :)

6. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    As usual, Steve has the answer. (thanks :) )

For some weird reason, DTV has a nasty habit of re-adding channels back to this list when you aren't looking. Two of my HR10's kept trying to record CBSE on 80 last week, which is a channel I've never even been eligible for.

7. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Re-adding channels has been a problem with the shopping channels. The system is setup so that channels will re-appear when removed by DirecTV and then re-added.

With the launch of the new sats, they may have been doing some removal/re-adding of the main network channels, thus causing it to be re-added. I didn't see this as I has a waiver for ch 80.