Recording the same show twice

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mat111, Feb 22, 2021 at 9:20 PM.

1. mat111

mat111 New Member

Sep 11, 2019

Advertisements

If I try to schedule the recording of a show from the program guide that is on at a different day and time that is already scheduled it won't do it. I tried to make a One-Pass but the show is not a series so it doesn't appear that I can schedule it using a one-pass. Is there an easy way to schedule a second recording or do I just need to schedule the recording manually?

2. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    I do this sometimes without any problem - what version of the UI are you using? Have you tried using a wish list?

3. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Using HORRIBLE TE4 as a test right now, I was able to schedule multiple recordings of the same PBS program & episode by forcing it to show upcoming episodes and using the record button on each one. It refused to let me do it from the Guide; apparently it is programmed to assume the users are too stupid to know what they really want to do.

I'm sure it is possible on TE3 also, since that is the version I normally use. I RARELY ever touch the box running TE4 because I hate it so much (what a garbage interface - it really makes you fight to do anything you want).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 9:42 AM
  4. mat111

mat111 New Member

Sep 11, 2019
    My Roamio is TE4. I will try your suggestion to schedule a recording from upcoming episodes. Thanks.