Recording the same show a million times a day

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dreamlet, Sep 20, 2007.

1. dreamlet

dreamlet New Member

Sep 20, 2007

Advertisements

Can anyone help me with this problem? This happens a lot with shows that run on cable. With "The Daily Show" for example, even though I've got it set to record "first run only" and to keep only 1 episode, it re-records the same episode about 6 times a day! So ridiculous! It could be free to record other things on my wishlist but it's busy recording the same episodes of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report a million times a day! :mad:

2. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Assuming the "first-run" episode airs at the same time each day, what you want to do is instead of using a wishlist, create a (repeating) manual recording for the proper time/channel.

3. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    It records everything because of incomplete guide data. You can blame comedy central for the problem. Other cable channels are also guilty of providing bad guide data for certain programs too.

4. WayneCarter

WayneCarter Active Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Set the shows that don't have proper guide data (as explained in the prior posts) to the lowest priority -- thus it will only record the Daily Show, Colbert Report, etc will be recorded only when there are no other shows to be recorded.